Search form

book for maya 6 (intermidiate level)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
book for maya 6 (intermidiate level)

hey guys can u guide me any good book for maya 6 intermidiate level as i have finished"how to do everything with Maya 6" by Adam watkings and chris neuhahn
????? :rolleyes: :confused:
plz guide
mandeep

There are some DVD tutorials out there too so give the a look over.

hey guys can u guide me any good book for maya 6 intermidiate level as i have finished"how to do everything with Maya 6" by Adam watkings and chris neuhahn
????? :rolleyes: :confused:
plz guide
mandeep

Hi Mandeep. I bought one two months ago that you too might want to check out. It's a fairly new release. The title is "Game Character Development with Maya" by Anthony Ward. New Riders publication. The author works in the games industry, so most of the techniques that are shown in the book are the same techniques used by those working in that industry, so the author claims. It's good if you want to learn how to do low polygon modeling. I am still trying to learn Maya and I find this book to be an interesting read. Couldn't get my head down to using it coz I am still busy with Flash work, so I am sorry if I cannot give you a complete review. Discusses low polygon modeling using two actual characters that you build yourself (a girl and an alien), texture mapping and a bit of animation. Check it out.

Blog

Not that I know of any books, but could you tell us what you want to learn from the book? Modeling, rigging, character animation? That would help I think.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

thanks alot guys really appreciate it ...... i'm actually looking for texturing and rigging mainly but how much funny it may sound i want to learn everything
he he i know its abit odd but i want to give it a try
cheers
mandeep