Search form

Who hosts your 'site...?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Who hosts your 'site...?

...for those of you who have 'em (and who doesn't? :rolleyes: )

What sort of tech-support is offered? How much downtime have you suffered (if any)? Does your 'site have a set 'expiration date?' Are you allowed subsites? Is it set up through a school (ususally gratis), or was it all out-of-pocket? And what did you end up paying?

The reason I'm throwing all these (exasperating) questions out is that I recently went for one of those "insta-sites," with ready-made...everything (inflexible, and underpowered, to boot). I've since cancelled and am now looking for something with a bit more...horsepower, a bit more dependability (more images + bigger images + .mov's = potential nightmare).

So. Would anyone have any suggestions?

Anyone...?

Anyone at all.

Aleph66's picture
"...It is a foolish mistake to even try to second-guess the public. Make things for yourself and if by chance someone agrees with you, it's coincidental." --Julian Schnabel

"...It is a foolish mistake to even try to second-guess the public. Make things for yourself and if by chance someone agrees with you, it's coincidental."

--Julian Schnabel

I use Dreamhost.
They are the only webhost I have ever used that I have liked. Click the link. It will have all the info you need. Tech support is good and responds quickly. In 2 years, I have never found my site to be down. They also constantly add to their plans without raising the cost. You could get the basic package for about $100/year which should have more than you'll need. They also have a great referral plan. If you sign up, put fourchinnigan as your referrer.

Earthlink has a good site builder.

Freewebs is good too especially if you get the premium account :D

http://www.freewebs.com

James :cool: