Search form

Anybody using Flash 8? Need feedback on program

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anybody using Flash 8? Need feedback on program

Hi all

I'm an animator currently using Flash professional, and am considering looking into the new Flash 8. I use Flash for broadcast animation, and some of the new tools like tween graphs look enticing, and a frame count box big enough to display frames in the thousands could save my sanity.

IF anyone is using/ evaluating this new version of Flash,I would love to hear your comments and any "buggy" issues you may or may not have had.

Thanks

I've been using it for a while,but i'm only animating in it,so i wouldn't know all the technical stuff.

one things that seems to be happening on mine,is freezing for a few secs,then working normally again.

and when using the new filters and blending options,the live playback tends to lag,so you have to hit ctrl-alt-enter to see whats going on properly.

Sketch, you can tween graphics in the earlier version of Flash, but F8 comes with a basic graph editor like 3D programs so you can do ease-in and ease-outs in the same tween. Also the instance frame count window thingy is the same size so you can't tell if you are on frame 11 or 111 or 1111.

There is also an option for the undo's so you can have them either the way it is in Flash MX 2004 or how they had it befor.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Also they cleaned up the interface with tabs and panels that can be made smaller giving you more screen real estate. It seems more stable too.

sketch2d, which frame count box are you talking about? The current frame box in the Timeline, or the First frame box for Graphic Symbols?

If it's the current frame box, then Flash 8 displays frame numbers in the thousands. If it's the First frame box, I wrote a Flash Extension/plug-in that lets you control Graphic Symbols with 3 digit numbers, it goes as high as 999.

It's free and it can be downloaded here under flash tools: http://www.animonger.com

Ape and all,

Thanks for the feedback. As far as the first play frame window in the properties panel I was under the impression that it would display frames that were 4 digits long. I can have timelines that extend into the 2000's for a scene. Oh well.

I downloaded a trial and really like the graph editor for tweens. Having done some 3d animation, it feels natural and can create very natural, unrigid tweens thus far. Ape, I use a similar method you use by crating a mo tween, then keying inside that tween and adjusting as necessary, however it can get time consuming and tricky. I do not usually, however, use mo tweens for character animation.

I will continue to evalute this new flash on my own, but would still like to hear what others have run into as far as praise, problems, or how this flash may be better than professional 2004.

Thanks,

sketch2d