Search form

Looking for a War Animation

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking for a War Animation

Hi,
I've been Looking for a War Animation I caught sight of in Kazakhstan on one of the local TV channels. I didn't see the title, but I think it is a foreign animation dubbed into English (it wasn't lip lynched) and overdubbed in Russian or Kazakh. This is my third year of looking for it without any success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The basic storyline I think is that soldiers invade a small town or village, but I'm not sure where. They storm into family homes, there are shootings, executions, a soldier gets run over by a tank and I think towards the end a baby dies in the arms of its mother, who is among a group of women from the village wandering the countryside as refugees. These scenes were in the credits sequence actually, in a montage over some classical music. The openning showed a young boy, the main character I think, buying food at a stall and meeting one of his friends. Another sequence I remember is that a small toy wagon rolls down the street, broken I think, and the young boy stares after it. Later on, the boy is in some building with some men, and a man appears, turning out to be the boy's father. The father seems to remember the man getting run over by a tank. Other shots I remember are of a young man or boy being shot in the head, a couple of men who are tied up and executed by firing squad, and a woman being pushed against the wall by a soldier.

I'm re-animating one of my favourite memories entitled 'Hamster Wars' lol if that counts as a war animation. It baisically got all the drama and the upset of war but replaced with Hamsters. Kind of an odd, dark satire in there.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you but I'm afraid that's not it. The one I saw definately had dialogue and the picture from the site didn't look like it. Thanks anyway.

Hi there,
Still no luck with this Animation search.
I've created a myspace website on everything I can remember from the Animation, as well as my own drawings of what I saw. If anyone can help, please get in touch with me through myspace, this forum or E-mail me at reames@supanet.com

www.myspace.com/clivesearch

Thank you.

Hi

You should try contacting animation festival curators. The Melbourne International Animation Festival had an extensive Eastern European programme in 2005 and those involved in organising it might be aware of animations from further east. Try to get in contact with the organisers of the Istanbul International Animation Festival in turkey too.

Good luck.