Search form

Ontaious Gallery

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ontaious Gallery

Here is a sample of my work

Couple More...

Enjoy!

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnneat. The minotaur is CG colours, yes?

Minotaur..

Yes, I used Photoshop to color him. Its been a while since I've done anything with Photoshop, though I think I may be looking into brushing up on my skills.

Excellent. I'm guessing you put a basic colour layer underneath the line art and then coloured the shading in the line art by adding yet another layer in "Color" mode?

Nice, The 2nd sombrero guy is a great pose.

My Technique

Jabber: If I remember how I did things, I would use several layers. The bottom most being COLOR mode. The layers ontop of that are set to SCREEN and MULTIPLY. The SCREEN layer is used for all my highlights, and MULTIPLY for all my shadows.

I set my brushes a very low opacity and flows. That way I don't get a large amount of color at one time. This helps me blend the colors better by making several passes with large size brushes.

Maybe I'll do a tutorial if people are interested...

Sketch

Here are two that I did using a photoreference. They are both completed using Prisma Greyscale markers.

The scan of these made the outline much darker than the markers so it looks kind of odd.

CG Colored Sketch

This is something I did up today, working with a tutorial that Jabber showed me a link too. Wonderul informatin in there. Specially on how to seperate your line work from the white background. Something I've been trying to do for years.

This is for a small personal project I'm working on:

For some reason the colors are not as vibrant as a gif as they are when working in Photoshop. I assume it has something to do with the compression. Enjoy!

yeah, like that pig and the poses of the Mexican.
Great work!!!!

the minotaur is very cool, i really like the coloring on him. looks like he could kick some ass. the sombrero guy is very well designed. he looks very animatable (is that a word?). great stuff!

The Mexican

The Mexian (here after refered to as Gundo) was definatly designed to be animated. Here is a link to show his walk cycle (which thanks to members of this forum they helped me see some changes that needed to be made, hooha!)

Another one

This is an old one, but still a favorite of mine:

Like I said, great work here man! Look forward to more. Perhaps an animation of the sombrero guy running? Kudos!

Cereal And Pajamas New Anthology : August 2007
http://www.comicspace.com/cerealandpajamas/

Update

I was on a western kick today and come up with these guys:

Scared Girl

Something for a personal Flash Project. Keep your eyes on the Show and Tell forum for when its ready. The title is Horror Movie, maybe I will be done with it before Halloween ;)

In the spirit of Halloween

Here is our first drawing in the spirit of Halloween:

And this one was just something goofy that I liked:

I've been trying to really focus and work on my exageration and stretching of my characters to get more life into them. As well as simplifying my forms. To get more of that cartoon feel. I felt myself slipping into a more Comic Book style and wanted to break myself of that. I hope I'm on my way to doing just that.

i like that frog. its cool.

your other stuff is cool too.

"who wouldn't want to make stuff for me? I'm awesome." -Bloo

Hey

Thanks Blink. Glad you enjoy them :)

Good range of work your doing. Keep it up! :rolleyes: