Search form

Mindblowing "Halo" news.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mindblowing "Halo" news.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051005/en_nm/halo_dc;_ylt=As.rzri7ZVqxxufujYCAhxu2GL8C;_ylu=X3oDMTA3YXYwNDRrBHNlYwM3NjI-

Sit down, video game lovers.

Pater Jackson has been announced as the executive producer for the Halo movie, and his production company WETA will be supplying creatures, miniatures and special effects.

Expect sales of Depends to increase dramatically this week.

Hmph. I'm not exactly fond of movies after video games, even though I am somewhat of a PC game addict. I'd prefer Jackson to concentrate on a "The Hobbit" movie, truth be told.

Can anyone name a good movie spun of a video game? Not I... then again, there's a first time for eveything.

I heard somewhere that Ridley Scott may direct it. That would be soooo kick ass. Thank God Uwe Boll will have nothing to do with this film. Why oh why has he been given so many game movies to direct?

I heard somewhere that Ridley Scott may direct it. That would be soooo kick ass. Thank God Uwe Boll will have nothing to do with this film. Why oh why has he been given so many game movies to direct?

Scott already said "no" but that was before Halo 2. Rumor has it he was impressed by the sales numbers Halo 2 had on the first day. I wonder if that, combined with Peter Jackson's involvement might change his mind.

Eitehr way, Jackson won't attach some schmuck to the helm. I was concerned about claustrophobic environments due to cost. Dosn't look like that will be a problem, now.

Basically, as far as a movie goes, Halo should be a combination of "Alien" and "Starship Troopers." This practically confirms that Master Chief will be CGI and not some guy in a suit. Darth Vader was cool in 1977, but he didn't hold up too well in 2005. Yoda was much more convincing, not to mention, of course, Gollum. Even Gen. Grievous was more believable than Christiansen in black plastic.

Even Gen. Grievous was more believable than Christiansen in black plastic.

Not to mention the obvious height difference in Haden and Vader. Although I suppose with replacing most of his body and all you can make him alot taller...

Producing solidily ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight

Not to mention the obvious height difference in Haden and Vader. Although I suppose with replacing most of his body and all you can make him alot taller...

Jackson made Elijah Wood convincingly short, Lucas should have been able to make Hayden convincingly tall. He couldn't even make him convincingly act. :)

When "Vader" folded his arms in smugness while watching the Death Star, not only was EP III over, but it was ALL over. The "Noooo!" was bad enough, but Vader died for me when he folded his arms. The Vader I grew up with never would have done that. He would have clenched his fists silently next to his master, and reveled in the power, not struck a pose and said, "That's right... we bad."

Vader died when he was born, and lived when he died. Fitting then, that the beginning was the end.

When "Vader" folded his arms in smugness while watching the Death Star, not only was EP III over, but it was ALL over. The "Noooo!" was bad enough, but Vader died for me when he folded his arms. The Vader I grew up with never would have done that. He would have clenched his fists silently next to his master, and reveled in the power, not struck a pose and said, "That's right... we bad."

Vader died when he was born, and lived when he died. Fitting then, that the beginning was the end.

Agreed. That one pose looks so silly. Do you remember a shot in the early trailer that revealed Vader on the operation table with his hands tied next to his head? Nothing quite like effemanating on of the (if not THE) most stoic cinematic villains. Luckily it seems that it was one of the few things Lucas listened to the critics about and changed it to a hands down pose. Silly details I know, but it's the details that can make or break a film.

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

Pong: The Movie

Tetris the movie... LOL that's awesome! Those DOOM trailers look awful... then again, I can't flippin stand Vin Diesel. Aside from books and a few mangas, I'm not a big fan of cross-overs... movies to games, comics to movies, etc. I feel like they're just a product of laziness and unoriginality. Sin City may be the first exception I've seen in awhile, imo.

I am a halo fan. Got halo 2 november ninth (when it came out) and havnt stopped playing it since.

I cannot WAIT to see what WETA workshop does with the covinent. You know they are gonna LOOK as well as be animated very well.

Bungie is getting to be in on the process of making the film as well. Always there, giving info on the story and the halo world. I really think this movie could be and will be great.

Halo 2 pretty much lived up to the hype. dont see why the movie cant. :P

"who wouldn't want to make stuff for me? I'm awesome." -Bloo

Can anyone name a good movie spun of a video game? Not I... then again, there's a first time for eveything.

Super Mario Br... nope. Um, Final Fantas... not that one. Street Fighte...blech, I just threw up a little. Resident Evi... well, it had it's moments and then really pooped out at the end.

Some other random video game futures:

Doom is already in production with I think Vin Diesel.

I've heard rumors of Metroid and possibly John Woo attached. I'm not sure how interesting a movie about 1 person shooting stuff is going to be. And as soon as you make her part of a "team" it's no longer as cool as the game.

Then there's always my favorite possible video game movie:

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

The problem with most video game to movie conversions is either the games weren't very "deep" to begin with (Super Mario Brothers, Street Fighter, Alone In The Dark, Resident Evil) or the game story varied a lot, and the movie had an unrelated story (Final Fantasy).

Games based on movies or comics fare a lot better because the movie or comic is story based. However, with movies, comics and games so intertwined, it's hard to pick the weak link. Most believe that comics are top (Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Fantastic Four), then movies, then games. But there have been some very good games from properties like Riddick, Bond, LOTR, Spiderman and Buffy, while Superman, Batman, and FF4 can't seem to make the jump.

Halo has a lot going for it. It has an engaging storyline, a strong central character, mystery, action and humor. It's epic and not confined (like a Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Fatal Frame or other horror would be), and it has an appeal that goes beyond FPS fans. People will go to this that would never go to a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Halo needs to be PG-13 too, by the way. An "R" rating is gonna kill it. Every Friday night, church youth groups everywhere are playing "Halo." But, if it comes out as an "R" rated movie, I can guarantee those same parents won't be letting their kids go, even if the language/violence content is the same.