Search form

Help! We need direction.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Help! We need direction.

Hello to all! I am in a band, Spider and the Fly. We currently have a musical soundtrack that accompanies a musical animation. The animation is being created at this time but we hope to have samples on our web site by weeks end. Anyway, we plan to eventually market an interactive DVD with the animation and video of us playing live. Also, we would like to tour with the animation playing for a theatrical production sort of along the lines of Pink Floyd's The Wall. We are not sure how to market our product and who are the best investors for this type of project. So we were hoping that you all could give us your thoughts on where and how to market this idea. Please visit our web site for more info regarding the project and the free download of our music. Thanks!

Spider and the Fly

Well... you're marketing it now. :p

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions for us?

Spider and the Fly

Howdy

Hello fello Coloradians,

I have to say that I'm a little confused by your post. Are you trying to make it as a band or is this a one time musical that you are trying to market?

It sounds like you have "big" plans and I wish I could tell you how to get investors because you're going to need them. I think if I were you, I would start out thinking a little smaller. Something more managable and not quite so costly.

Why not start with just a video? Pick your best song and have some "great" animation to go with it. Not that crappy animation that looks like a 5 yr old did it because ,like myself, most people won't watch it...or hear your music.

I would then send that thing "everywhere" you can think of. Radiostations, record labels, MTV, VH1 and even production houses ,everywhere. Of course I would accompany it with a bio and synopsis.

I would also hit the internet, there are plenty of sites to post the same info on.

Anyway, that's how I would market myself and cross my fingers that someone took interest. Most of us that try and pitch ideas only have a sample to show and hope it's enough to make someone want to invest.

Good Luck

Thanks for the response. We are trying to do both. Make it as a concept band and also complete a theatrical production. We are currently in the process of writing Volume 2 of Innocence and the Madness. We currently have our animator creating the 1st 10 minutes of animation and are very pleased with his work. We will put the 10 minutes (1 minute per chapter) together with a musical video and create an interactive DVD. We hope to sell this and gain enough profit for some initial touring. Also, like we said before we are trying to get financial assistance with this project.

Sad to hear you do not like the animated characters. We are actually very pleased with them. I know I can't draw like that. Our animator has offered us a great deal and is a great person.

Thanks again for your thoughts. We will keep them in mind as we proceed into the future. Please take care!

Tatianna
Spider and the Fly

Good Luck

Actually, I didn't even see your characters. I was just saying if you want to impress potential investors, start out with something good.

Apologies

Please accept my apologies. I guess I'm a little over protective of the project. Please visit our web site and let us know what you think. I had assumed that you had already done so. Again, I did really appreciate your comments and suggestions. I will definately keep them in mind and use your ideas to help. Thanks again and again very sorry! Take care and please keep in touch.

Tatianna Wheat
Spider and the Fly