Search form

Idea for reviving theatrical cartoons

1 post / 0 new
Idea for reviving theatrical cartoons

I'm sure we all know that the theatrical cartoon business dried up over 30 years ago. I believe the last one of that kind was a Woody Woodpecker which was released sometime in 1972. (I can't think of the name right now). Nowadays, in lieu of cartoons before a movie, theatres show trailers and commercials most often for Coca Cola.

So this got me thinking. What if Coca Cola sponsered and/or distributed theatrical cartoons? They could be called Coke Toons or something. This way, toons are shown in theatres again and Coke still gets to advertise. I'm sure there are many artists out there who would love to contribute their artistry in this area. Off the top of my head, I can think of John K., Eric Goldberg, Matt Greoning, Mark Dindal, John Lasseter, Jeffrey Katzenberg, ........the list could go on.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Haredevil_Hare's picture
Order my book Jesus Needs Help on Amazon or download on Kindle. You can also read the first 18 pages of my next book for free at this link: The Hap Hap Happy Happenstance of Fanny Punongtiti

Order my book Jesus Needs Help on Amazon or download on Kindle.

You can also read the first 18 pages of my next book for free at this link: The Hap Hap Happy Happenstance of Fanny Punongtiti