Search form

What is the worst animated film ever?

145 posts / 0 new
Last post

Well, "I double dare someone to watch these" as if they were some kind of nightmare, it's a bit insulting, but I'm talking in general, non-Disney films that share titles with Disney films often get criticized only because of that.

I do know that Disney does charity work, but charity is never done with and if you're going to waste $110,000,000 making "Home on the Range," then I think most will agree to put it to some good, noble use instead.

The Darlie Awards

Worst Direction/Story- Coonskin, The Lord of the Rings, American Pop, Cool World , Fire and Ice , Swan Princess, Nutcracker Prince, The Care Bear Movie (actually all of them), Troll In Central Park, Pebble and the Penguin, Quest for Camelot , All Dogs Go to Heavan , HEIDI'S SONG .

Worst Animation -The Care Bear Movie (all of them ) , Quest for Camelot , American Pop, Cool World , Twice Upon a Forest , Ducktales the Movie , HEIDI'S SONG .

I may have to revise my entry. I just saw footage of the new CGI "Inspector Gadget" movie.

'Home on the range' was pretty awful. i couldn't even sit through the entire thing. plus i can only take so much of rosanne's voice. nice character designs though.

i didn't think the power puff girls movie was that good either. there were episodes in the cartoon that were better than that entire movie. once again, nice character designs though.

lol i hate rosanne too.

i was a little disspointed with the powerfuff girls movie but the more i see it the more i like it so next time its on watch it again its still not great but its more enjoyable now than i originallly thought.

i cant say i agree with those beauty and the beast haters. I was only a kid when it came out, so i enjoyed it. It is what disney was. A story with musical numbers and good animation. i have not seen the film in a long while, but from what i remember, nowhere near "worst animated film ever"

seriously, today in class (last day of class) we watched the G.I. Joe movie. I never did watch it as a kid and oh man. Horrible animation. Extremely cheesey and just all around lame plot/story/characters. It is soo horrible it is just humorus to watch.

you want to see "the worst animated film ever" dont try to be all cool by bashing disney. especially for a movie that wasnt even awful. opinions as to weather or not you liked the story dont cut it to make things "worst animated film" you have to consider how well it works and all the underlying aspects of animation, rather than one opinionated issue.

look at G.I. Joe movie from the 80s. horrible. that is my worst animated film nominee.

"who wouldn't want to make stuff for me? I'm awesome." -Bloo

Whatever the worst animated movie is, I haven't seen it.
There are some animated movies that are so terrible-looking that I never bother to watch them.
I'm guessing one of those Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh movies would be the worst animated movie I'd ever see if I were brave enough to watch it.

There are some animated movies that are so terrible-looking that I never bother to watch them.
I'm guessing one of those Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh movies would be the worst animated movie I'd ever see if I were brave enough to watch it.

well you haven't watched it... v___v so don't go bashing it. the Pokémon movies were... done surprisingly well in my opinion. I have seen all the movies... and the first one... excellent animation! top-notch! second movie... not really as good but still good! third... about the same as the second... fourth... excellent! too many graphics used though. >< fifth... fabulous! simply breath-taking! sixth... not bad... seventh... the tiniest of flaws here and there but still well done. the sequel to the first wasn't at it's best but it was still good. as for Yugi-oh, I haven't the slightest. I'm not brave enough to go see THAT one.

hmm... worst animated movie I've ever seen. Aladdin's sequels were really badly animated... Aladdin the original one... whoa... o___o I loved it! I was so disappointed to see the florked up animation the sequels. also, Lion King... the story of Timon and Pumba... urgh... don't even get me started. same with Simba's Pride... mind you the story of Simba's Pride wasn't that bad... classic... ish... Disney. Lion King the first movie was well done... up until they shoved in that very annoying song "Morning Report." the animation did not match AT ALL! it was just... uber annoying. I'll find more stuff to rant about later. I need to go through the rest of this forum than go beddy bye.

Actually, the 6th pocket monsters movie was very beautifully done. Don't judge a book by it's cover. The 1st movie, animation wise, was also very fluent and was still when 2d was hand painted and ink was hand done as well. I would suggest you watch the 6th movie before you make such judgements. I couldn't ever watch yugioh though

A colleague of mine will hate me for saying this, but I cannot stand Yellow Submarine. I'd rather go to the dentist than watch that feature.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

A colleague of mine will hate me for saying this, but I cannot stand Yellow Submarine. I'd rather go to the dentist than watch that feature.

I don't like movies based on bands, either, even if they're animated. Rumours of a movie based on Gorillaz have been going around for a while. Although the band as such lends itself to animation and I kind of like their music, I don't really think I'd watch it in case it ever got produced.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.
I couldn't ever watch yugioh though

I didn't "judge" anything. I made an educated "guess," just as you did when you decided that you wouldn't be able to sit through Yu-Gi-Oh.
Pokemon is one of the worst animated TV shows I've ever seen, so it's likely I'd hate the movies too.

You've got to be careful with those dumb platitudes that you hear from your parents and teachers, like "don't judge a book by its cover" and "would you jump off a cliff if your friends did it?"
These are false and dishonest analogies used to get you to do things that you don't want to do, and not do things that you do want to do.

Actually, the movies have a different animation team. You jump the gun quite quickly. I have noticed from other posts. The movies have a much bigger budget and the latest one got better reviews than the latest ghibli film. Your opinions alot of the time also don't have much backing them besides pre empted conclusions.

Actually, the movies have a different animation team. You jump the gun quite quickly. I have noticed from other posts. The movies have a much bigger budget and the latest one got better reviews than the latest ghibli film. Your opinions alot of the time also don't have much backing them besides pre empted conclusions.

It doesn't matter what the budget is. I hate Pokemon. It is infantile toy-selling crap, aimed at hyperactive 6-year-olds. I hate the characters and the entire premise. You could dip Pikachu in chocolate and dress him in a tuxedo. I would still hate him. Deal with it.

It doesn't matter what the budget is. I hate Pokemon. It is infantile toy-selling crap, aimed at hyperactive 6-year-olds. I hate the characters and the entire premise. You could dip Pikachu in chocolate and dress him in a tuxedo. I would still hate him. Deal with it.

I'm far past dealing with it. However if you haven' viewed the show in the original language you really don't have an opinion of anything except the dub which is so edited and has such horrid voices it's a completely different show. I think you would really appreciate "The wishing star of seven nights, Jirachi" movie in it's origina language.

However if you haven' viewed the show in the original language you really don't have an opinion of anything ...

Oh brother. A language dub doesn't change a good show to a terrible show. It just makes it a little irritating.

Any more straws you want to grasp at?

Hardly Humourous, is it the lonely existence in your parent's basement that makes you such a pompous windbag?

miss polly (with a dolly who is sick sick sick)

Hardly Humourous, is it the lonely existence in your parent's basement that makes you such a pompous windbag?

miss polly (with a dolly who is sick sick sick)

Me? I'm 17...

The acting quality can drastically change a show. Any more points you want to Futilely reject?

Acting quality doesn't matter if someone rejects the entire genre of children's TV anime, which I do.

Even at only 17, you should know this by now.
If someone doesn't like movies about racing cars or princesses or slashers or scuba divers, for example, some good acting isn't going to change their opinion.
If your mom doesn't like speedmetal, you're not going to convince her to like one song because the lyrics are better.

Meriwether [I]- the guy who was banned from www.AnimationNation.com for this same type of behavior

oh really???...is that what your boyfriend told you??.. I thought I left there on my own accord because "someone in charge" was a pompous jingoistic prig who was always singing "god bless america" and shut down any thread that he disagreed with or made him look like a hypocrite (check out his aboutface political stance right now, and then go back and read any politicial threads from 5 years ago..unless he's had them deleted).

..as for you, my love, this is merely a rollicking battle of wits and unfortunately you're only half armed...kiss kiss
(now can we please get back on topic??...I'll take fish in a barrel for 40, Art)

God bless America !!!!!!

God bless America !!!!!! Even though im a Malaysian....

Imagination is much more important then knowledge...

God bless America !!!!!! Even though im a Malaysian....

what a coincidence!..so am I!!

yes, yes, god bless america, and god damn malaysia!..we are useless

Tida' apa

Meriwether, it gives me such a chuckle when I think of how you were banned from Animation Nation. You should see me grinning from ear to ear. I have to thank you for revealing that. :D

..as for you, my love, this is merely a rollicking battle of wits ...

Dude, I won the battle 3 years ago when I said some insult that angered you so much that you've chased me from thread to thread for 3 friggin' years. I mean, get real.

What would you say of a person who was so fixated on someone that he stalked that someone throughout a forum for 3 years, ready to pile on whenever that someone had a disagreement with someone else?
Would you say that person was witty, or witless: a nitwit, if you will?
Naturally you'd acknowledge that that person was a big fat loser. That is, you'd acknowledge it if that person didn't also happen to be you.

Even though you damage the forum, Meriwether - by discouraging lurkers to join and by driving off some of the more peace-loving members - I have to tell you that I am so flattered. I must be one witty guy to have driven you so crazy for 3 years straight. Shall we go for another 3, my biggest fanatic?

[QUOTE=Harvey Human]Meriwether, it gives me such a chuckle when I think of how you were banned from Animation Nation. You should see me grinning from ear to ear. I have to thank you for revealing that. :D

Snookums, if I can bring a smile to your pimply face, then I know I'm doing the right thing.

mr. slate

PS...I thought you told everyone you had me on ignore??..maybe just a temporary spell of petulance, yes?

I thought you told everyone you had me on ignore??..maybe just a temporary spell of petulance, yes?

See what I mean about witlessness? If you'd bothered to follow the thread, you'd see your post quoted in another's.

Therefore it's visible to me. Therefore you are contemptuously defying the forum guidelines again, while Ape is no longer deleting posts with sleazy personal attacks and namecalling in them, or even warning against them. Therefore, since the moderators won't manage the forum and take out the trash, I'm going to defend myself. Bring it on, Scumbag. :cool:

Pete's Dragon is horrible film. Stupid project! :P

Keep clear!

Are we talking Studio release animations or animation in general? Cus' the latter makes it one hellofa big catergory!

Also, someone said 'Pochahontas' near the start of this thread. How?! You ever tried animating human movement well, it's a hard nut to crack, and Pochahontas in that film was animated brilliantly by Glen Keane. I would even go so far to say it is up there, if not the best, animation of a human character in trad animation i've seen.

But it is a very subjective subject to answer. unless you're talking technical ability in the animation, but as far as story, the best animation in one persons eyes may be unbearable to another. Which is good as it makes interesting debates (aka this one!)

________________________________Perpetual Motion________________________________

Are we talking Studio release animations or animation in general? Cus' the latter makes it one hellofa big catergory!

Also, someone said 'Pochahontas' near the start of this thread. How?! You ever tried animating human movement well, it's a hard nut to crack, and Pochahontas in that film was animated brilliantly by Glen Keane. I would even go so far to say it is up there, if not the best, animation of a human character in trad animation i've seen.

But it is a very subjective subject to answer. unless you're talking technical ability in the animation, but as far as story, the best animation in one persons eyes may be unbearable to another. Which is good as it makes interesting debates (aka this one!)

But that's the thang, innit? If you want "realistic" movement, why go through all the trouble of animating it? (Of course, you could always just "pull a Bakshi", shoot a live-action movie and trace every single frame of footage.)

yes, but animation goes beyond that. Hence why animation is succesful at all, as it can do things live action cannot. Gotta always think when your animating 'Is this the best presentation in this medium', and the Pochahontas character team used this very well in portraying her in a way hard to do in live action shooting.

________________________________Perpetual Motion________________________________

Yes, it goes beyond that. Animators strife for believability, not "realism".

If you want "realistic" movement, why go through all the trouble of animating it?

Probably to make it more believable and the characters more sympathetic. As fun as "cartoony" animation is, it's much more difficult to immerse yourself in that world.

Generally, dramatic animated subjects employ a more realism-based style. This can change from character to character within the same film, with the dramatic Snow White being essentially a rotoscoped character, while the dwarves are more absurd in appearance and movement.

The acting quality can drastically change a show. Any more points you want to Futilely reject?

Acting quality doesn't matter if someone rejects the entire genre of children's TV anime, which I do.

Even at only 17, you should know this by now.
If someone doesn't like movies about racing cars or princesses or slashers or scuba divers, for example, some good acting isn't going to change their opinion.
If your mom doesn't like speedmetal, you're not going to convince her to like one song because the lyrics are better.

Oh, blue, Meriwether is talking about Harvey, not you.

No, I'm positive he's talking about BlueSheep. It's sad, really: such a senseless attack. :(

No, I'm positive he's talking about BlueSheep. It's sad, really: such a senseless attack. :([/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, Hubert...all attacks should be directed at Horace Horsecollar, or whatever you're calling yourself these days.

Yeah, please address all attacks to him, or to that Dr. Diapersniffer guy.
I think it's item 13d of the forum charter, directly above The Idiot's Guide to Using Quote Tags.

No, I'm positive he's talking about BlueSheep. It's sad, really: such a senseless attack. :(

I deleted the flame posts, but you just can't let things go. It's plainly clear that you enjoy conflict, and sparring with other members so, you and Mr. Meriwether have at it.

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

I deleted the flame posts, but you just can't let things go. It's plainly clear that you enjoy conflict, and sparring with other members so, you and Mr. Meriwether have at it.

So flame wars are allowed now?

It's fine to argue about an animation topic, but Meriwether starts battles over nothing but his own anger and obsession.

I don't want people to leave the forum because of this idiocy, but I don't know what else to do. The guy won't stop. :confused:

So flame wars are allowed now?

It's fine to argue about an animation topic, but Meriwether starts battles over nothing but his own anger and obsession.

I don't want people to leave the forum because of this idiocy, but I don't know what else to do. The guy won't stop. :confused:

I deleted the posts and you bring it right back up in your very next post. So I'm done.

I deleted the posts and you bring it right back up in your very next post. So I'm done.

Not true. I only replied to existing posts, which you have since deleted. Do I have the power to read and respond to deleted posts? I don't think so.

So you're giving up? You're not moderating anymore? That's sad. :(

The worst animated movie is the one that's based on this thread.

Not true. I only replied to existing posts, which you have since deleted. Do I have the power to read and respond to deleted posts? I don't think so.

I deleted the flame posts around 2:00pm from your 11:07am post back. Then in your next post at 5:37pm you bring this crap back up:

So, Like I said, you like flame wars so go right ahead. I let things go. You bitch. I delete things you ask to be delete, you bitch. So I'll let other moderators control the flame wars here.

So you're giving up? You're not moderating anymore? That's sad. :(

Your mock sincerity is touching.:rolleyes:

Hugo

please wipe away your tears (they're an insult to the industry we cherish) and get back on topic.

dr diapersniffer (md, phd, m, o, u, s, e)

I deleted the flame posts around 2:00pm from your 11:07am post back. Then in your next post at 5:37pm you bring this crap back up:

That is a response to a post of yours which you did not delete. You commented on the attack, and then I commented on your comment. I didn't attack anyone in that post, so I don't see what you're ranting about.

So, Like I said, you like flame wars so go right ahead. I let things go. You bitch. I delete things you ask to be delete, you bitch. So I'll let other moderators control the flame wars here.

Okay, so now flaming and name-calling are allowed on the forums?
I like flame wars? Although they can be exciting when one's involved in them, I recognize that they're not the healthiest thing for the forum and I try to avoid them. I would rather put that energy into discussing animation.
Flame exchanges are also frustrating and boring for a non-participant to read.

Your mock sincerity is touching.:rolleyes:

It's not mock sincerity.

sweet mary's ass, let me see if I can cut through all this whining and weeping and get things back on track

least favourite animated film: Ice Station Zebra
favourite animated film: Kid Auto Races at Venice

what do I win??

what do I win??

[LIST]
[*]a lifetime of bitterness and loneliness (Yay)
[*] a pathetic sense of humor (Oh My God)
[*]and a braaaaand neeeeeew brain tumor (Woo Hoo) :)[/LIST]

Hey hey, that's the spirit, Hemorrhoid Harry, put a grin back on that pimply mug of yours!!..the world is your oyster

what do I win??

[LIST]
[*]a rotted personality (I must be dreaming)
[*]rock-bottom self-esteem (Too good to be true)
[*]dying alone (Yibba Gibba Moooo)[/LIST]

Flame exchanges are also frustrating and boring for a non-participant to read. .

Actually it is quite interesting......

Harvey, i don't really understand what are you trying to do...First meriwether, now animated....If you hate flame wars soo much , why dont you just stop it..... He tried to stop it but not only did you start it all over again, you also gave irritating comments because he got pissed (and started 'ranting') for you doing so.....Animated is trying to stop this but you wont let him.....

a pathetic sense of humor (Oh My God) .

'Oh My God' indeed...but this..umm...'comment' should go to you,Harvey...Meriwether just wrote "What do I win" and here you go on with your 'comment's....I'll like to know whos 'ranting' now....

Mr Meriwether, M'sia?? Which part??...Man, so you're the 4th malaysian i know here....and you're right, 'Damn Malaysia'.....

The moderator deleted some of the posts, so you don't have a complete picture of what actually went on here.

Obviously you're hurt that I ridiculed your "new is new" thread, Gamecon, so you want to pile on.
I apologize for hurting your feelings. I could have been more tactful.

I don't need the complete picture....

The moderator deleted some of the posts, so you don't have a complete picture of what actually went on here.

Obviously you're hurt that I ridiculed your "new is new" thread, Gamecon, so you want to pile on.
I apologize for hurting your feelings. I could have been more tactful.

I don't need the complete picture....

As much as i think, you apologizing is a good thing but its all for the wrong reasons...THIS is your problem...everytime somebody tries to put sense into you or disagree with you, what you do is bring out the past, in order to support your 'comments'.I'm supprised that you could remember all your 'flame wars' with pratically everybody......

You must know that if you keep on bringing in the past, then what you will get IS the past....that is your flame wars...If you keep on bringing out the past, the same thing will come back over,over and over again....If you don't like it then don't bring the past...Just let it go....The past is what it is,the past....Nobody cares about it because we can always change the future for the better.....

As you must know, i've been keeping up with this thread ever since the 'war' started...One thing i didn't see Mr Meriwether do was actually did was bring out the topic that happened between you and him 3 years ago and then you claim that he was the one who can't forget...Mr Meriwether DID started it and you have the right to argue back for what ever reasons...BUT however when animated tried to stop it, all i see was you giving your ridiculous comments,which angered him....I didn't see Mr Meriwether do anything to start it all over,when animated said to stop, all I saw was YOU...

I'm not trying to start anything here...Harvey, you will always have to fight for what you think is right but you did steped the line when you started your ridiculous 'comments' on Animated...You are really acting childish...I know you will give back your 'comments' to me, but just once, just read what you wrote.....For starting the flame wars again,first you blame on Mr Meriwether and now Animated, who's next...Are you always going to blame everyone else when its just YOURSELF....

Cheers,
Gamecon

I'm not going to fight you, Gamecon.
Do yourself a favor and stick with animation topics.
Maybe pick up a book or two.

gamecon Tuan, salamat malam...yes, we are a worthless race...sometimes I feel we are not even true orang, but something inferior...we are only good for slaving in american factories making sneakers and entertaining faded disfigured pop stars with our underage boys (two of my very cousins had to perform nocturnal duties on the pop king)..

..as for Happy Hooligan's telling you to pick up a couple of books, might I recommend:
My Folds Are My Friends (by Hotlips Hannigan)
Self Abuse Without Waking Mom And Dad (by Holden Hands)

what do I win??

[LIST]
[*]relatives who despise you (Yahoooo)
[*]an greatly exaggerated sense of your own wit (*yyyawn*)
[*]the social disposition of a fruitfly (Keep it coming)[/LIST]

Pages