Search form

swf to dvd?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
swf to dvd?

ok my brother just bought a DVD burner and i was wondering if it is possible to burn swf files on to a dvd cd. if not swf files, wut type of files would i put on A dvd cd in order for it to play on an average dvd player
ok, i just d/l a swf video converter it says it can convert it to dvd. it gives me for options to click on,
PAL 704 X 726
PAL 724 X 726
NTCS 704 X 480
NTCS 720 X 480

I tried them all but when i watch them on my cpmputer they go really slow and the sound is way off, so i dont wanna try burning it to CD since i dont no whice kind will work wut shood i do?

Output your animation as a Quicktime movie, and burn those to DVD.

so ure saying all i got do is burn it as a quicktime on to my dvd cd's and it wil lwork, also cna i burn multiple files?????

swf itself wont play of course. so you will def need to pick a output method. any method will mostly do because when you rip a dvd it will be converted to the format.
you should be able to burn as many files as possible. alternately you could make a VCD as well.

Good Q, Gabe.

What if my swf's/fla's original rez is lower than NTCS 720 X 480, for example?
How will it show?

would flash publishing files such as .png or, I am also curious if a .exe publish will work, if not would .avi work on a DVD player?

A .png would give you a series of still images; not the best for DVD. A .exe wouldn't work, since there's no way to execute it.

.avi might be O.K., but I'm wondering why you're avoiding QuickTime. Flash exports it fine, and most video editing software imports it fine too.

when i publish using quicktime it plays however all i see is a white screen,,, but the sound DOES work..... y is that happning??

did you try.avi? i dont use quicktime much stick to Mpeg or AVI

I would use avi, however whene i export as avi it shows the entire frame, it doesnt just show where my camera is............how do u even export as mpeg????? my flash doesnt have that option,, i have flash mx

I've run into outputting to quicktime problems before on multiple ocassions, unfortunately a different method ended up fixing the prob each time... and after playing with every possible setting it finally worked.

One thing to keep in mind is you can only export true quicktime VIDEO on a Mac... dont ask me why. Also it may help to have quicktime pro as opposed to the free version.

I've run into outputting to quicktime problems before on multiple ocassions, unfortunately a different method ended up fixing the prob each time... and after playing with every possible setting it finally worked.

One thing to keep in mind is you can only export true quicktime VIDEO on a Mac... dont ask me why.

why? :D

heh,nah,on a serious note,its probably because quicktime is made by apple,and mac is made by apple.so it would probably be more reliable on their own hardware,i'm sure they will fix all these problems in time though.

[QUOTE=gabemarchionda]would flash publishing files such as .png or, I am also curious if a .exe publish will work, if not would .avi work on a DVD player?

Hi!! you can create your own video or dvd collection by converting flash to video encoder your favourite flash movies.Thats why i advise you flash to video encoder by Geovid. You can find it from:http://www.geovid.com/Flash_To_Video_Encoder/

thx brain

i used GEOVID and it works perfectyl

Usefull link

if u wanna convert with no quality losses look through this site

http://www.geovid.com/

when i try through geovid for some reason my video looks like its going at about 10 fps and it has no sound