Search form

too fast too furious

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
too fast too furious

a very fast paced animatic....
'had the music, had the time. had to do it!

P.

www.pascalcampion.com/cops.swf

I love the dispatcher. It almost feels like the lead theme for a TV show. She(?) so rhythmically reaches over in what looks like a pan, with this attitude of "We're on it!"

I thought it was supposed to play that fast. Or did you mean you were just trying to animate fast? I kind of think if it ran slower it wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

Anyway, you cut it. Very fun, very energetic.

Producing solidily ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight

Ok, here's my critical critique. And don't get me wrong, I really like it. The begining was a little fast for me. I didn't even see the dispatcher till someone on here pointed her out. I also thought the car the bank robbers shot and blew up was the cop's car. After that it clears up for me.

I always love the energy and fun you put in to your work Pascal. Sometimes it's fun just to play. I'd love to just sit and watch you work on one of your shorts one of these days. You work so fast it'd be almost like watching you animate in real time :D

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

ok..let me try to explain what I was doing here....

I usually when I do an animatic, i try to get the blocking AND the timing down.. meaning that by the time i call an animatic finished, it is basically a blueprint for the final animation..just need to do the" dressing up".
That's how i work when i have clients

here.. because i'm not knowing excatly where I am going , and how it is going to turn out.. i just plug along on what i think, sense, belive or hope would turn out good...
it is not meant to be a finished piece, but more an inspirational one.

I tried to create a story, and if you go scene by scene, i think you can pretty much tell what's going on.
BUT.. I did the pacing on the beat , almost to a fault here, and it's going too fast
My stuff always goes pretty fast , but, i tend to rework my first drafts to make them comprehensible.
even to me, when i look at that one, i see that it's zipping way too fast.

NEVERTHELESS..IF i hadn't done this, i'd have no material to base myself of to bounce back and do something more thought out and more readable!

It's a little like doing an illustration.. you do a bunch of sketches for the comp, the rythmn of your piece , you do some research before you know where you want to go..
so. that's what this one i.. an animated sketch with all the quirkiness and charm an unfinished piece has!

p.

NEVERTHELESS..IF i hadn't done this, i'd have no material to base myself of to bounce back and do something more thought out and more readable!

At least you get that far... I rarely get past the point of thinking, "oh that's a good idea." haha

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

hey..ape.. what happened??
i was talking to you on IM... then.. you disapeared???

I don't have your contact .. send it to me at pascal_campion@yahoo.com

and i'll add you to my buddy(sic) list!

P.

stuff like this makes me happy,i luv 2dness hehe.keep it up!

I'd love to just sit and watch you work on one of your shorts one of these days. You work so fast it'd be almost like watching you animate in real time :D

Hehe. Animated before a live studio audience.

"We don't do many live animations. It's very hard on the animators."

I agree with Ape. I'd love to have sketches like this of my ideas. I too rarely get past the "ya know what would be cool?" stage of things. Very inspiring.

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

ahahah
you should see what i come up with when i have an idea that's no more than a passing emotion... especially of anger!
lol

I know i'm going to make a segway here....but.. at least..this is one thing in favor of computer generated imagery...i'd never be able to do this without a computer!!

P.

Especially when you're working fast and loose. I was inspired by you and Internalcow to start working on fast and loose sketch animations using Flash. I've done more animating on my own thing in the past 2 weeks than I had all year. Not to mention it's nice to not have to worry about all the tech stuff involved with 3d.

There's definitely no way I could have done so much (and improved so much) if I had been working with traditional methods. Sure the drawings are rough (I still need to work on my life drawing), but I'm getting a much better sense of mass and timing.

Now if only I had a Cintiq, I could just about forget about undo...

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

hmmm..
i don't use a cintiq actually!!

Internal cow is just the BOMB!!
that guy is gonna be soooooooo good...i'm jealous already!

hmmm..
i don't use a cintiq actually!!

Internal cow is just the BOMB!!
that guy is gonna be soooooooo good...i'm jealous already!

I had a feeling you didn't need one. Wacom? I'm starting to get the hang of the tablet. It takes some doing.

Internal Cow. Man, I can't believe his stuff and he isn't even out of high school (or wasn't last I heard). I'm very jealous of his future.

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

Haha thanks guys. I'm going into my senior starting August 30th.

As always really nice Pascal I love your work. Can't wait to see more from you.

Pascal,

I saw your stuff on your site the other day, and I love it! It's fast/dirty/gritty and fun the entire time. I truly wish I could be that carefree when I animate. But my nature is a clean perfectionist and it will probably never happen, although I can truly appreciate it when I see it! You've got an amazing eye for camera angles, staging and pacing!

Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com

Blue hickey..
Thanks a lot!!

nice description... dirty and gritty.. yup!
it would probably amaze you to see the" clean cut" flash animation i'm doing at the moment..explaining to parents how to use a certain toy(^__^)
lol

Internal cow... well...you know what i think of your work already...keep at it..you're much ..MUCH better than I could ever be if i'd started at your age!!

P.