Search form

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Complete Calvin and Hobbes

Looks like it's out...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0740748475/qid=1124481033/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-3504654-6071047?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

And just my luck I'm in Germany for another month and some change :P

Maybe, if we're lucky, Pascal will create another Calvin and Hobbes inspired animation :D

Aloha,
the Ape

Animated Ape's picture

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

ahahahahahaha
good one ape

P.

Woah. That is fantastic. Now I just need to get a special reading room (and the complete Far Side Volumes).

Why do the good ones have to quit the comics business (the same year no less!) and the same old, "I like golf and don't understand the computer" hacks continue to write!? We get it! Marmaduke thinks he's people!

I miss funny funnies.

Side note: The above was a bit of hyperbole or exageration. There are still funny comics out there (Dilbert still hits home more often than not, Get Fuzzy makes me laugh and they're reprinting Peanuts, which holds up if only for the nostalgia of it).

Producing solidily ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight

Yessir!

A must read!

Splatman :D

totally sweet

that really does make you want to have a room in your house dedicated to it.

and dilbert is about as funny as doonesbury...which is about as funny as dennis miller...who isn't funny.

Bill Watterson has always been hard to figure out for me. Resenting syndication, publicity and all kinds of merchandise deeply, he was either stinkin' rich just through the strips by the time he decided to stop the series or the most idealistic cartoonist I've ever heard of.

Perhaps he said everything he had to say and wanted to leave before he became something else?

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

Yeah, I'm glad he left. I'd be really disapointed if Calvin and Hobbes went the way of Bloom County. I think he explained himself well in the begining of that one collected edition. I think it was the last one. I'll just have to wait till I get back to buy it. I'll be saving my Euros. :P

No really Pascal...where's our animation? :P

Aloha,
the Ape

Did it come out early? I first heard September and now Amazon says October 4th.

Watterson did quit at the right time. And for the right reasons. After reading his explanation of why he didn't want to merchandise C & H, I get depressed everytime I see a Calvin sticker on a car or truck windshield. The latest has Calvin kneeling beneath a huge cross in a penetant position. Watterson makes nil off of those.

I totally agree ewomack.

Hey jerks, make your own character pee on your competitors car logo. I guess it's a good thing he never teamed up with Disney or Sony, or we'd have a 3d version of it coming to theaters any day now and a suitably annoying voice to go along with it.

I think it speaks even more highly of him and who he is that he isn't chasing them down and publicly suing the pants off of them.

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

I get depressed everytime I see a Calvin sticker on a car or truck windshield. The latest has Calvin kneeling beneath a huge cross in a penetant position. Watterson makes nil off of those.

Ha! I always feel the same way when I see those. I always want to stick a post it to the sticker saying, "thou shall not steal." But I don't think they would get the joke.

Oh, and my bad, I didn't even look at the release date. I'll be back by then. Yay!!

Aloha,
the Ape