Search form

need help to export from flash

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
need help to export from flash

i cant export quicktime movies from flash mx , in my older computer i could!!!
i get this error
"the installed version of quicktime does not have a handler for this type of macromedia flash movie. Pleas consult the documentation for further information"
i dont know what to do , i have the quicktime player last edition but maybe i need another file or something.
thanks

This won't really help you situation, but if you are on a PC, I wouldn't export Quicktime files, I'd export as an AVI file. The PC version of Flash doesn't export true Quicktimes, they are just altered swf files. This might have been changed in later versions of Flash, but I'm not sure.

Did you move to a newer computer? If you did, might have to get the latest drivers for Flash. If that doesn't work, look what driver you had on your old computer, and install that one on your new one.

Nice icon by the way :)

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Thanks for the information . Im going to use avi that would work just fine.
Thanks for the icon , i made it myself . it still look a little jerky because I made it in 24 frames per secon. In the up right side it says “BLOO MY RIDE” but its impossible to ride it.

No problem Juako. About your icon, 24 fps is fast enough. To make it alittle snappier, you might want to vary the timing of his throw a bit. Use less frames on the way up and ease-out of the bottom keyframe, ease-in in Flash. Then have the arm move down faster, but not as fast as the way up. Ease-in, ease-out in Flash, to the bottom pose, and have it hold there for a few frames. And there's your cycle. That should make it not as Flashy looking, and more fun.

Aloha,
the Ape

i would try that. i still have some troubles with timing , you know , i just cant make it work because the timing in flash it really depends on the computer , am not a traditional animator (im studing but for flash use) so its really hard for me to know how many frames an action is going to take , I have to see then I can tell you if its working. If you have some tip an timing I would love to hear it. :D

i just saw the swf file and it work totaly diferent fom the gif
i dont know at what rate gif work but its diferent from my swf
i would try to let the arm down one more frame and i think it would work just fine

Timing is hard. I'm still horible at it, and I have to work very hard at it so things don't look so even. A good rule of thumb, if something goes up for say 10 frames, don't make it come down for 10 frames. Make it come down in 14 frames, or 16 or even 6 frames. Try things out to see what works best.

Aloha,
the Ape

OH, man. Timing! Timing is probably the most difficult and important part of animation. I've seen animations that look fantastic on a single frame, but have horrible timing (and as a result look pretty bad). But I've seen things that would look like a scribble on single frame turn into the most awesome animation because of timing.

I'm still working on timing, and I've still got a LONG way to go. Ape is right though (he's told me before and it's true) change up things. Don't make it too precise. And expirement. Try things that you think logically won't work. Go way past where it doesn't work and then try to throttle back a little. Forgetting about restraint is easier said than done, but is pretty rewarding.

And Flash makes it pretty easy to add and delete frames and move stuff around. If used properly and for expirementing I think it's a pretty neat learning tool. Just don't let it do too much of the work for you, you're much smarter than your computer.

Producing solidily ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight

I think you can fix the problem with exporting as a quicktime movie.
In publish settings, you need to specify as a version Flash 5 or earlier. Quicktime just doesn't have a handler for the new Flash MX yet.

Although, unless you're planning on using this video online, I wouldn't export as a quicktime movie. Quicktime video (which is different) or avi are probably best for importing into a nonlinear editor for export to tape or dvd, etc. Quicktime video will only be an option if you have a nonlinear editor installed, such as Media 100, that has a codec you can use.

Maybe you know all this anyway. Hope it helped some!!
-Melissa Goduto

I'm pretty sure Ape is right. If you export as a quicktime on a PC from Flash, it exports as a Quicktime with Flash embedded, not a bitmapped Quicktime. One way around this is to export it as a QT (assuming you can) and then use Quicktime Pro to export a "real" Quicktime. The Mac apparently doesn't have this "feature."

But if you're on a PC, it doesn't really matter since Premiere and Avid DV both prefer AVI's anyway.

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

i didnt know and it really help me im just going to use avi.
thanks Melissa and kdiddy13 :D

if i just want to pass my flash animation to a dvd with some editing (just camera moves) what program would you recommend.
i know the professional use Adobe After Effects but that’s all a mess you have to export your animation in frames then pass them and etc.
I just want good quality not perfect like if I was watching the animation in my monitor.
If somebody know how to easy achieve this pleas tell me.
so its pass from flash to dvd :)

Simple DVD Authoring

I guess it depends on how you're burning your DVD. The burner should have come with some software for authoring DVD's. Export in a format that your software can handle. If Flash can't do a codec your software likes, I'd recommend buying Quicktime Pro (or just use After Effects if you have that already), export it from Flash as an uncompressed AVI, and then using QT Pro or AE export it as a video file that your authoring software can handle.

If that doesn't work, go to doom9.net They have tons of info on converting video files and burning them to DVD. Most of the software they talk about is freeware, too.

Good luck!

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

i cant export quicktime movies from flash mx , in my older computer i could!!!
i get this error
"the installed version of quicktime does not have a handler for this type of macromedia flash movie. Pleas consult the documentation for further information"
i dont know what to do , i have the quicktime player last edition but maybe i need another file or something.
thanks

I'd change the converning prog. This one is a realy good one, professionaly made with an easy to use interface