Search form

need information on animation schools in USA

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
need information on animation schools in USA

hi all,
i am lookig out for some good animation school in the US where i could pursue 3d animation in maya.if any of u could help me out with school search it would be great enough. eagerly waitin for a reply.thanks a lot

I got my BFA at the Academy of Art College, now University, in San Franciso and I am currently going throught the AnimationMentor.com animation course. Both schools teach animation and Maya. AAU is a four year art school while AM is an online animation course with four 12 week semesters, and you work at home, there is no campus.

Hope that helps you out some.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

I got my MFA in Computer Animation at the Rochester Institute of Technology. We primarily focused on using Maya. They also use After Effects for compositing, and Avids and Final Cut for Editing. Everyone is required to take an intro to animation course that goes over the basics on an animation stand.

It's also coupled with a film program so you have access to film/video equipment and classes. It's also a Fine Arts program, so you will end up taking a bunch of liberal arts classes (art/film history, psychology, English, etc.) But being well rounded isn't a bad thing.

Generally, it's a little more focused on working as an indy than some other programs, but I got a job in the SFX industry a couple months after I graduated. Like I said, it's really dependent on how much effort your going to put in on it. They aren't babysitters.

It's not a bad school. You definitely get out what you put into it.

Producing solidily ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight

Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota Florida.

Our Computer Animation department is pretty popular right now within the film and gaming industries. You can check out some of our student work from the last couple of years at http://www.rsad.edu/portfolio/ca.php and see if it's what you are looking for.

ed

Department of Computer Animation
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota Florida

Incidentally the full curriculum at AnimationMentor includes two additional classes focusing on the development and production of a short film.

DigiPen in Seattle is good. They are partnered with Nintendo of America and about a block from Microsoft's headquarters. After you graduate, there are a ton of oppertunities in the Seattle area for employment, so I think its a pretty good deal.

[URL=http://www.pom.tv]POM - Tools for Animators
Human Motion Reference Videos & Rig to refine your animation skills.[/URL]