Search form

New england institute of art vs ringling/sheridan

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
New england institute of art vs ringling/sheridan

Does anyone know if new england institute of art is any good? I cant go there and check it out my self cause i live in new zealand. How would it compare with a place like Ringling/sheridan school of art and design or does any one know of any schools thats better, i hope so you can help

thanks heaps

Are you looking for a computer animation school?

I teach at Ringling so I'm a little biased but we will give you a very good and well respected education in computer animation. Sheridan has a fine reputation and has been around for a long time but I don't know anything about the New England Institure of Art. Check out the student work and see if it compares to other schools you like, see if their name shows up on the different webpages for the school you want to attend and keep asking for options.

good luck,

ed

Department of Computer Animation
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota Florida

I, too, was hoping for information on Sheridan. I applied last year and got turned down but i'm reapplying this fall, so i HOPE its hard to get into, heh heh.

My only experience with the school is the application process is disorganized, or at least it was for me.

To be honest with you I have never even heard of the New England institute of Art. I have focused my search on animation schools though, so it may be a good art school in general. It does depend though on what you are looking to get out of your education. If you are going for animation or computer animation Ringling, Sheridan, Cal Arts, and a couple of others are at the top of the list. You can search these forums for some FAQ threads about schools. I did an extensive search and found that for the overall package of training, development, curriculum, and recognition Ringling (in my opinion) is the best. It does depend on what kind of effort you put into it though. Anyone can succedeed anywhere if they put in enough effort, but Ringling (or any school)gives you the tools that help.

Also when looking at or comparing students work, check to see when the work was done. What are current studdents doing, don't just look at the one or two talents that buzzed through a school a few years ago. Recent to me is the last 3 years. Anything beyond that is really just the school taking credit for the artists talent and name. if the school is that good they should be turning out great artist every year.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf