Search form

advice on scanner

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
advice on scanner

Hello all,
I am brand new to the animation game but I have been learning it fast in order to teach it this fall at a high school in san diego. I am in need of suggestions for a new and faster scanner. The current one is slow and tedious. I think everyone here would probably be familiar with the methodology which is being used. Drawing, pencil test and then scan into the computer. I have some money in the budget possibly for a new scanner. The animation program I will be using is http://www.animationstand.com/

thanks in advance
HT

I think after effects has something that will do the job

You can try track tools

Alén

This is in the twice-what-you-need-to-spend but worth-ten-times-the-half-price-option department, but I just saw the other day that the office store that begins and ends with an S (I'm not a salesperson) just got in a laser printer/laser copier which scans in documents with the autosheet feeder used by the other two functions, and it's on sale for 150 bucks. Most decent inkjets (unless you were getting a standalone flatbed -- good luck) clearance around 69-79, and you'll have to reload pages and rescan each and every time, vs. letting it do stacks of 20 while you go eat a pretzel.

I'm strapped right now, but if I had the money I'd get it just to have the scanner alone even if I never printed with it. Autofeeding is so nice for doing pencil tests.

scattered>
hm, before seeing this post I figured any scanner with an autofeeder would be a lot more expensive than that. I have a question though: how do you align the scanned images by their punch holes afterwards? is there a photoshop batch action you can do? or a software you have to purchase?

If you put a couple of crosshairs at the top of each drawing it is simple to nudge the images a pixel or two in Photo shop with the arrow keys to relign any 'drift'
I think after effects has something that will do the job.
The scanner Printer mentioned btw. Is there any more info on it or similar ones ?
I am in the uk

Peter