Search form

How do I reach all of the college/university instructors?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
How do I reach all of the college/university instructors?

I thought I would post this here in the Educator's forum in hopes that someone who teaches will have some good ideas for me!

We are ready to start selling our new character packs for flash animation. Character packs are premade art broken down into individual symbols that are ready to be animated. We've also made backgrounds and props. (See images below) We want to target instructors and schools that teach flash courses. We believe that these characters will fill the need of students who would like to have some fun with flash creating their own cartoons, but lack the artistic skills or don't have the time to create all of their own art. Or worse...have to draw using a mouse! (Ugh!)

We've talked to instructors locally here and they are very supportive. They've suggested going to the National Business Educators conference. But that isn't until next April. We need to start selling now! I am so excited about these characters and I know that once people try them out, they will see how useful they can be.

Do any of you have any ideas of how to contact Teachers/Educators sooner than next April? Mailers, emails, phone calls? We aren't sure which way to proceed. Any advice would great!

If you check out the website: Animators Clubhouse you can see a demo animation as well as additional great animations that people have created using the character packs.

Here are all of the body parts for our clown character as well as all of the mouth positions he comes with. And finally, an image of him combined with one of our backgrounds that is for sell as well.

bluehickey's picture
Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com

Nobody has any ideas?

What grade level are you targeting?

Either way I guess the best thing to do would be to get out there on the different websites that teachers that teach your target grades might visit and get it reviewed and go from there.

Getting email addresses, names or phone numbers will be really hard to get so would think "fishing" on the net where they might go for classroom ideas or tutorials might be your best bet other than conventions.

I'm no marketing expert (but I am a teacher) and that's my guess and no I don't have any good examples of the sites I speak of but there are plenty out there.

ed

Department of Computer Animation
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota Florida

Thanks Ed, those are some really good suggestions.
We are targeting any class that teaches flash. We believe that would be colleges and universites and some High schools.