Search form

a little animated music thingy

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
a little animated music thingy

You mad genius, you.
BTW, did you animate a piece for PBS? It looked like you style.

If I smoked, which I most certainly do not, right now I would be turning out all the lights, pulling out the lighter I don't have, and waving the flame around in triumph.

The songs in your animation are the stuff getting stuck in your head forever is made of.

I also always love how you do the wipes and dissolves, and AfterEffects-style jobs -inside- the animation.

The character designs are hilarious and cute, and being a pascal cartoon you know they had to crawl around and reach for things.

A fine addition to an already stellar body of work. Or is it an "ouvre?"

graphiteman..
hey.. thank you , thank you..
yeah.. i did a spot for pbs.. i didn't know they'd aired it yet though
that was so much fun to do

scattered.. ..you still write the best reviews i've ever seen anywhere

can you guys guess who the band is??

P.

They Might Be Giants....hence the intials of your swf, hmmm? :p

Very, Very, VERY nice job. It was so smooth and I loved the colors you used. My favorite scene was in the beginning, the car rolling over the white hills. I liked the look of the car's strong shadow casting on the white hills.

very cool ;)

Yes.. that was quite good, had nice smooth animation that went to the beat of the music quite nicely.

I liked the characters too, simple yet quite expressive.

Lindsey Keess
Animator

Hey !!!
Thanks guys!
'really appreciate all the kudos!
's been so much harder for me to get anything done since my move!!!
great to hear it's still dripping through though!!!

(^__^)

great GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREATgreat GREAT great GREAT..................work

a man of few words, and great clarity you are man deep!

This is awesome, I love your stuff

Thanks everybody.. really nice to hear!!

P.

Outstanding as always! It synchs beautifully. Out of curiosity, approximately how long did this take you?

PBS spot? Is there any where online we can check it out? I'm currently out of country and don't want to miss it.

Producing solidily ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight

hey there..
this music video( if we may call it that ) took me roughly a month..
a whole month actually..i
d say between the time i got the music and the time i called it done( what you guys are seeing is the almost done version... the final final has gone through aftereffects, but i'm not allowed to post it untill i get the greenlight from the band's agent).

so.. it was a commission too.
but , the best kind of comission.. they called me up and said.. hey we like your stuff.. we did some music, can you do something with it
?
and that was it
very fun

the pbs spot was done right before this one actually...
and is a micture of flash and after effects( and, by the way, if you check out the last issue of STASH dvd, it is featured on it!!)
and i dunno where it is playing.. i just know that it seems to be well liked.

Cheers
P.

I saw it on the Stash DVD!

My favorite scene was when the main charachter ran up the volcano...very pascal-ish!

You can see it (the PBS spot) here too.

Great stuff, as always!

Splatman:D

Whoa! Contacted by TMBG! That is awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product.

And thanks for the link to the PBS piece.

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

I just checked out the PBS spot. Fantastic.

I have so many questions for you. Did you do the multi-plane stuff in Flash, After Effects or something else? How much was provided for you when you started on it (script, audio, storyboards, etc.)?

How long have you been doing this? Are you based out of the Boston area?

So many quesitons...

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

hi kiddy 13

BOSTON???
why Boston??
no..
\when i did that , i was in portland at a place called bent image lab, one of the best animation studios i have ever known..
when i got contacted by PBS, it was after they had seen the piece i did called the door
they wanted something in that vein, whihc had a color character over a black and white decor
they give us the constraints of naming the four shows in the spot,and, of course, thirty seconds time frame which is usual for tv spots in the states

they pretty much left the rest up to me to figure out\
originally i had the music "star guitar" to work from, but, for legal reasons, we couldn't use it.. and that got changed half way through the spot...
it workedout fine thoughj
we had a fairly short schedule for that one..three weeks...\
long days...every day..
as far as the after effects..
it was planned in the animatic,and done at the end, when the whole animation was done
!

there
!!

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I just had a duh moment as I looked at your Location info in the header of each post.

The reason I asked about Boston was I know that a good portion of work for PBS is done in/around Boston through WGBH. And TMBG are (were?) from Lincoln, MA, just outside of Boston. So, aside from not looking up several lines of text, I deduced that you may be working in the Boston area.

Just checked out "Door" on your site. Great stuff. Very imaginitive. How many years have you been animating?

www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!

I started animating when i got to the states about five years ago.
I must say though, that, while in college( in frace) i had an exchange program thing where i went to boston( talking of which!!)
I had the chance at the time to work on a series called " science court"
which wasn't really animation, but faked it pretty well( we squiglled the lines around the illustrations to give the impression the stuff was moving)

but i really picked up speed when i moved to portland, and started working at bent image labs.
It was pretty hard at first because of the hours and the demands.. but, hey..it's actually helped me developp my own stuff..so..

P

It's simple and expressive...well in sync with the music. Luv it.:)

simplicity!!!
yup..
the hardest thing to achieve!!

thanks grafikdon!