Search form

How do i get it on air?? :o

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
How do i get it on air?? :o

Hi, my team and i are planning on a short series for TV broadcast but don't really have any idea on how to go about it. Please could you help us out with this one ?? :confused:

Thanx a million.

Have you or anyone on your "team" ever worked on a show for TV?
Have you any experience in the TV field?

These kinds of things can provide you with some of the needed experiences for make the deal and preparing a series for television.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

No TV show experience at alll ....

Acually we've all been working on animated seires for TV and presently were working on an animated film project, but it's for a studio. Now we want to try out something of our own. The problem we're facing is that after we've come out with our final episode all rendered and ready to air, whom do we take it to or approach ... so as to it is shown on TV ?? None of us have ever worked on a TV show.

Well, part of the problem you might face is that if you present a wholly complete product to the networks, they might not go for it because they have no input into it.
Strange as that sounds, the networks will usually place an order with a studio, for a certain number of episodes, aired on a certain date and for a certain amount of money. Then production starts.

The reason why just making a series and offering it seldom flies is the number of episodes you have, the content, the tone, target demographic.......all might be something the network doesn't want. Your efforts could be wasted.
Sounds like your intended plan is kind of operating in a vaccuum--not a good idea in this case.
Prep a proposal of your series, shop it around and pitch it and see if anyone bites.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

being in India i think it wont be as difficult to push simply coz there is a dearth of locally made content. a lot will depend on quality although...
you can get in touch with local broadcast channels in this case there is quite a list -
Cartoon Network, Nicktoons, Hungama, Disney, Pogo, Zee, Sony. look for programming directors and just show them a pitch. you could def end up in the dock due to the issues with network input etc but on the other hand if its reasonably well produced and distinclty targeted you could have a deal on your hands.

It's for African broadcast...

what we'd be producing is not for Indian broadcast it's for africa. i'm origionally West African ... i've had plans of returning back. But i guess it's the same everywhere. HMmmm..... is it??
Thanks alot guys, the major doubt is cleared .... I would really appreciate it if you could provide me with some more details.

Thnx. ;)

well im assuming you have a script and a storyboard. what you can do is just make a plan of action of how the story evolves over say 13 episodes, put it on paper. make a model chart and just go in and speak to a broadcaster(s) and tell them what you have. whatever info they give you is stuff you can incorporate, add or delete.