Search form

Need some professional advice

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Need some professional advice

Hello all...Got a few questions that I need help answering. I am currently working on producing an animated short. It is still in the preparation stages and I am attempting to put together an outline but need some help with the following….

--How long will it take to produce a 20 minuet short?
--How much will it cost?
--On average, how many animators should be used?

Lastly, please give me some suggestions on how to make this production run smoothly.

Thanks for all your help…

I can't tell you exact numbers, 'cause I don't now the project. The price depends on many things like the amount of characters, quality, sound or not etc.
I just can tell you, what I know about our project, we're making a 20 minute short at the moment.
Our film concludes 5 characters and one dog. We've got 4 animators (2D), I'm responsible for most of the backgrounds (3D-I'm trainee), we've someone who scans and colors, and someone who composits and cuts. We begun in June and our deadline runs out in November, so it takes us circa 6 months.
As I've eventually an animation job as a freelancer too, I just got some informations about the prices. Someone told me, that for one minute animated film, you've got to pay 9.000 Euro minimum, if you make it with a professional production and if you would like to keep an average quality.
But these numbers are relative.
Hope I could help you a little nevertheless....

One animator can make an animation, or many animators can. It will take less time with more animators (up to a point). How many do you expect?

Costs depend greatly on where you are, and what materials you have.

longshot if you just want to do a calculation work with an assumption that an animator can output around 8 seconds of animation a day assuming its semi realistic.
thats just key animation. ull need, clean up, inbetween , digital ink and paint as well as compositing, sound etc.
run a calculation based on that....