Search form

great feedback on AWN

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
great feedback on AWN

I love the feedback on this site, so What do you think of the animating in this, just stirctly animation

www.geocities.com/gabemarchionda/invasion.html

it's animated?

...is this just a first pass, because there really isn't anything to give feedback on.

www.MattOrnstein.com
Character Animator - Lucas Arts

I just got the beta version of Flash 8 so I either more or less agree with Matt or am having my first problem seeing something as it was intended =) I could've sworn someone's eyes moved, I like the way the arms are drawn, and I did catch I think two rotations.

Well I think you are off to a good start with this one Gabe. I'd open the fellows mouth that is taking a drink. And maybe smooth the lines a bit on the openning players, but you have nice beginning.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Updated

ya, that first version kinda sucked, but I have cleaned it up a bit to make it look better, please check it out again (same site), also Im curious of what my drawings look like (quality wise) after spending so long drawing them and editing them I cant really tell if it looks good or not, what do you think?

It was a good camera move.

Moving away from the scrimmage before the play and using sound fx is a good cheat.

It had a "Home Movies" (remember that show?) feel to it.

Maybe you need a squeeze bottle with a straw for the dude having a drink? :)

I was waiting around for the guys on the bench to start talking.

you know this really shouldn't even be in this forum, there is a critique forum on AWN, "show and tell"

www.MattOrnstein.com

thanks graphite,

I will add the straw in soon, you can just keep going back to that site to see the updated video,

I also put him dropping a bottle now to make it feel a little more realistic

I agree with the comment above about the cup. How you currently have it you see the opening of the cup. Tilt the cup towards the player's head, bring it up, cover the mouth, and then play the sound. Or use a straw like suggested above. The drinking looks a little too unconvincing right now.

I also second that this should be in the "Show and Tell" forum.

It makes a lot more sense with the sound on, sorry about that lol

I was watching it last night without my headphones (it was late) so you can imagine what the pacing was like.

What? Go to ANOTHER forum?

Hello.

You can show your stuff in this forum...I do it all the time. Don't let anyone drive you away.

In the old days, everyone came to this forum to show folks - professional or student work....

Besides being a Moderator...I like being here. I don't get paid ...I'm an animation junky like everyone else.

Go ahead show your animation...I for one will watch...

Thanks.:D

wasn't saying not to show it, but that he might get more responses in the other, you're just partial to your forum larry, hee hee :D

www.MattOrnstein.com

Hey Mr. Matt

Hello.

You are right! I am partial to this forum...it's where I live!
(hee-hee):D :rolleyes: :cool: :)

thanks larry

I remeber quite aways back last year when I posted a simpsons movie in this Forum and people went nuts, The thread had like 3000 views and 65 responses.
What did you think of the movie larry (Graphuics wise)