Search form

help with camera zoom on moving object

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
help with camera zoom on moving object

when i try and zoom in on a still image in flash that has its own layer, i can do that simply, i just enlarge the image and make a tween and it looks like its zooming in on the image ....HOWEVER, how do u do this,,,,,,,,,, when you zoom in on say a picture of a bulidng that has a neon sign flashing while you are zooming in. I can only do a zoom in on a still image becuase all i have to do is enlarge it, how would i do that with moving images happening

Try this:
make a clip of the building with the sign going on/off , export it
then, in the actual clip you're making, import it as movie clip (I believe it goes to the library and then you have to drag it to the workspace) then you can move/rotate/enlarge it as you would a still layer. WARNING: when you playback the movie inside flash, you may still see it as a still picture. Only when you export it as avi, qtime, flash, etc, will you see the results.
Sorry, but I only use Flash every so often, so I may have forgotten a few things. I think there's also an easier way by just double-clicking on the still picture of the building, and then you'll get to another timeline specific to the building. make the changes you want, then go back to the main timeline and zoom (enlarge) the same warning may apply.
Personally, when I have to do complicated zooms, I use Toon Boom Studio, then export it to flash

You have to have an animated clip on the stage, with the animation within the clip itself. Using your neon blinking example. you'd create either a graphic symbol or movie clip with the blinking sign in it, then put that symbol on the stage and scale it to get the zooming effect.

Hope that makes sense. BTW, if you're doing a linear animation, use a graphic symbol instead of a movie clip. Movie clips are best used when you're going to provide interactivity via ActionScript, and graphic symbols are best used in linear work.

DSB is absolutely right. "Nest" your animation with in a symbol then you can zoom in or pan or what ever you want to do. You really shouldn't have any animation going on in your main timeline. Do all your animation with in the symbol, and reserve the main time line for pans and zooms. This also makes restaging your animation easier, if you need to move a whole character over or make them smaller and what not.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."