Search form

Quick 2D Toon Institute "Pencil Test"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Quick 2D Toon Institute "Pencil Test"

1.11MB, Quicktime 640x480
MX2004 w/ intuos2 6x8

Taking the concept of someone hooping a basketball around their waist (as featured in the animation gallery on Larry's student corner sub-site). I thought it was a good action for exploring the movement of a character, so I just came up with this generic pigeon-like creature and applied it.

Haven't done the legs yet but it works pretty well for so few drawings. I just did the NSEW holding the ball positions, broke those down, and added one or two drawings where necessary to make it more fluid.

http://www.studentofanimation.com/Birdsketball.MOV

It runs three times for people who have looping turned off. I apologize if the dimensions are a bother, but I'm a stickler for a clean read.

I like it. Very short, simple, but looks fine. My suggestion would be to go into Flash animation. (You drew that in...?) I like your style, and (off topic:) that website sounds like it'll be interesting.

Hey Scattered, looks really good already. Looking forward to seeing it with legs!

Jon

Thanks. I should be posting a revision soon.

I drew it straight into Flash with a tablet. I use MX2K4 when I just want to test out a quick action or its timing, to conserve paper. No symbols or anything, straight drawing, but it looks smooth and the timeline's simple.