Search form

Can Anybody Help Me.....?????

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can Anybody Help Me.....?????

Hi everbody...!!! I am in a deep trouble and only you people can take me out of this problem.
I want to make a career in 3D Animation and Visual Effects. But i am not able to figure how do i get started in this field.
I am taking sketching classes and done a small workshop on Clay-Animation.
I just need the correct direction to start in this field.Institutes here are teaching the "software" and not animation. :(

You've already made a connection that many people never do. It's not about the software, it's about the technique. You've realized what animation is all about (bringing it to life) and what it's not about (knowing what button to push).

So, armed with that knowledge, get busy. Read, study, practice. Make some bad films and learn from them. Make some good films and be surprised at how well they come out. Plop in a DVD of your favorite animated scene and still-frame it, paying attention to how the animation is constructed. Animation's like swimming - you can read about it all you like, but the only way you'll learn is to do it.

Start with a book like Preston Blair's "Cartoon Animation" or Tony White's "Animation Workbook". Check out one of the dozens of websites that have animation tutorials and techniques available free of charge. There are so many resources available today that the information you're looking for is easily accessible, moreso than ever.

But most important, DO some animation. Stick figures are perfectly acceptible - heck, Don Hertzfeld is making a career of them.

Are you still here? What are you waiting for - get busy! ;) And good luck

Four words: The Animators Survival Kit

Go out and buy that book you will need it. Read it cover to cover, practice what you've read. Repeat(sp?) those two steps over and over agin. :D

"Animation isn't about how well you draw, but how much to believe." -Glen Keane