Search form

no story line & i can't draw

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
no story line & i can't draw

this is the beggining to a short film i'm doing. the title of the film is "no story line & i can't draw". i haven't made a film since 1983, when not many students had access to computer animation. i earned my BFA at nyu film school, studying all aspects of film production, but my concentration was in animation. my skills are a bit rusty, and my drawing experience was never vast, so this is crude - but i'm doing it for the fun of it. the clip i've linked to was produced with toonboom studio & exported as a flash file.

http://www.animationcorner.com/studio/displayimage.php?pos=-342

I am glad you had fun. The biggest problems with it are it has no preloader and for someone on dialup I am never going to see it in sync. It's just never going to stream that well. Problem two, there's no way to stop it from looping. Do you have Flash? Another question it's over two megs. What's with that? With Flash some of those things could have been made into symbols thus reducing the size of the thing.

Sorry for being negative, but that was painful to watch it run in spurts and starts.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

phaker,
thanks for taking a look & posting an opinion. i apologize for it's size and flash inadequacies. i have no idea how to do a preloader & i don't have flash, but i will try to study up on it - it took me weeks to learn toonboom. i've spent the last 20 years or so since leaving the photo/video industry swinging a hammer in a residential remodeling business. i appreciate your feedback-sorry it was a painful experience.

For some reason it actually synched up on my connection pretty well. I'm on 4.0mbps max broadband. I am absolutely positive I do not "get" it, but it is so good at being subtly absurd if you don't, it's very funny...in a tacit way.

I'm pretty sure I'm not clear on the whole concept, but I loved it! That there is something elusive about it to make sense of, just the contrast between the two perspectives represented, is fun, and the art is fun.

I liked that the two songs were synched enough to play in chorus and at the same time speak opposite ideas.

Thanks for making me smile. I'm a Toon Boomer also, though I'm doing other stuff right now. Nice to see a cool Toon Boom piece.

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...