Search form

Anyone have any Flash Stats???

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone have any Flash Stats???

I'm looking for information about how many people use the Flash program. It's easy enough to get information online about how many people have a Flash PLAYER, but that's not what I need. Anyone know where I can get this info? I don't care what version of Flash they use: 5, MX, MX 2004, just curious to know how many people, professional or hobbyists, use and own Flash.

bluehickey's picture
Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com

those are some interesting stats...

Kind of does make Adobe's motives clear for their buy out doesn't it?

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

I keep hoping Corel will somehow pull a "hat trick". But they have had so many chances and somehow they always fall short. I still like their software, but I came to rely on Macromedia more and more. It's sad that a graphics software giant like Corel could just give their edge away, but that's what they have done. Now Adobe owns the game.

I kind of thought when they grabbed Metacreations and Painter they could re-establish their footing but they blew it.

Corel had a chance when they bought out Metacreations to make their graphics software the choice of designers. They had 3d capabilities with Carrera and Bryce, but they threw it away.

Well, use and own are undoubtedly two different numbers...

OK, how about, we just work on "own".

Howsabout...

asking the good folks at Macromedia?

They probably have some good numbers... or not... :confused:

Good luck!
Splatman :D

Very interesting question. I know that at one time Flash was the mostly highly pirated software ever.

What about this...do you think there are more people who own Flash versus a 3D program?

Given the price of each...

I'd say, "yes", more people own Flash than a 3D software program...
Note: I base this guess on absolutely nothing, however! ;)

Splatman :D

Splatman , I agree with you . people who have no clue how to use them just want to get their hands on flash.

Well at the time I heard that about Flash, the second most pirated software was Studio 3d Max. What does that tell you, but who uses S3M anymore. Maya is the flavor of the month right now. But they did something right by giving out a free trainee verson.

Actually, I had the impression that 3D Studio Max has been doing pretty well for itself in the game development arena ever since they went Autodesk. Unless you mean "character animation for film and television" specifically, in which case the Flash question should be elaborated on, seeing as how it's also bought for its web design capabilities.

with the advent of the flash 8 ball things will change for the better for chartacter animators, I hope a lot of people got to see the sneak peak of it @ mooks ( http://www.moock.org/blog/archives/000146.html ) or
http://www.joshdura.com/article/369/sneak-peeks-video-flash-8-authoring-preview-and-more . I really hope the tutorials with flash get a lot easier and interactive like in Flash 4 , That was so easy to figure out , with the new releases , the tutor within flash started to loose its charm to beginners

I finally found these stats (here: http://www.macnn.com/articles/05/05/10/adobe.macromedia.merger )

Current market share figures

2004 U.S. professional graphics and Web market share figures show Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Flash as leaders in their respective markets, so it comes as no surprise that the four applications are expected to survive the merger, while Fireworks, Freehand, and GoLive will be eliminated.

Adobe Photoshop: 82.2 percent

• Macromedia Fireworks: 11.5 percent

Adobe Illustrator: 71.1 percent

• Macromedia Freehand: 18.1 percent

Adobe GoLive: 40.8 percent

• Macromedia Dreamweaver: 59.2 percent

Macromedia Flash: 69.1 percent (Adobe has no 2D animation suite) (Corel has 30.9 percent)

• Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.