Search form

Leif Jeffers-Character Animation Reel

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Leif Jeffers-Character Animation Reel

Heya,

I just happened across this board for the first time. It seems like a very cool place, and I'm shocked it took me so long to find. :)

I had to make a demo reel to send off to a few places, and I thought I would go ahead and post a link to it here :D . A few of the animations are still works in progress, but all and all I'm pretty happy with it.

I would love to hear what everyone thinks. Critique is always wanted, and comments are definitely welcomed.

Sidenote: I did not model or rig this character. It is a model provided by the Academy of Art University, and modified and re-rigged by my fellow students. (I just dressed him )

MIRROR: Provided by Funky Cowie. A big thanks to him, and neural-interface.com for hooking me up.

http://www.neural-interface.org/demoreel/Leif_webreel_April.mov (Please Right click and "Save Target As") (File Size: 11,790kb)

Thanks,
Leif
www.leifjeffers.com

You animation looks pretty solid. I like the acting in your characters.

nice stuff!!

hi leif-
great stuff-i love the glengarry glenross dialogue...(i hope it's from that-?)-
really good stuff going on there..let me know if you are going to post anymore.-loved the guy in the airport..
i am a 3d newbie..2d oldie..
i look forward to seeing some more-
solid stuff-!!

mr-dunn*
http://www.mr-dunn.com/
mrdunn236@hotmail.com

could only see a bit of it

maybe it's because i'm a feeble macintosh owner, but I couldn't see the whole thing.

I did see the girlscout lecture and the movie froze as the guy in the airport looked at his ticket.

The girlscout part (since it's all I could really see) was damn funny:)
really good acting. and that to me is always the screwiest part of 3d animation that many overlook. You got it goin' on:)

I would like to see more of your stuff though.

I think your concept of physical movement is down pat. If you're staying with cartoon models, though, you -really- need to exaggerate the poses more. Also, and this is a nitpick, for the two main displays of weight, the way you've handled it makes it seem like the objects have changed weights in mid-action, especially the car. Perhaps you can clarify so I can consider it with a more accurate eye.

madaman90: Weird..I don't know what the problem would be. I haven't heard of anyone else having anything like that happen. *shrugs* Sorry!! Thank you for the kind words though!!

ScatteredLogical: Thanks, yeah I totally agree. I think exaggeration is one of my problem areas, I seem to tone things down too much sometimes. I am working on that though. :D

The only answer I can give you for the weight changing on the car is that I was working under a tight frame limit, and I had already exceeded it by quite a bit to get it to look like that. I agree that the 2nd half of lifts should be slower maybe…if that's not what is making the weight look different than I have no idea. I guess I just missed something or I have a misguided view on the way something should be done. Which is possible because by no means am I a professional. I'm still learning everyday (I don’t think that will ever change), and as of right now I’m still a student in College (at least for a few more weeks). Let me know what you think the cause of it is. To be honest, I don’t see the weight loss anymore (I’ve become blind to my own animation)…so any help is greatly appreciated. :)