Search form

4/20/05 update about Ringling and me

1 post / 0 new
4/20/05 update about Ringling and me

Just wanted to update what's going on in my little world of animation. As most of you know I got accepted to Ringling's Animation program and I will be starting this fall. My wife is graduating at the end of April and she has her first/final/only? interview with the county of Sarasota three days before on the 27th. Our lease for our new apartment is kind of riding on whether or not she gets hired. We found an apartment to stay in that is a lot more $$ then we wantd to spend, but the location and safety of the place sold us. I know I'll be working late nights in the labs trying to bring little drawings and computer models to life so I wanted my wife to be in the best possible place in the area so I woldn't have to worry about her walking from her car to our apartment (like the way I have been the last four years here in Tallahassee). It is also only 6 miles from campus (barely a 10 minute drive) and it is right by a new grocery and shopping center. It's too perfect to describe :) (Ed its the Turnbury Park Apts on University $$$ )

Also I just got final approval for my student loans for the first year so as soon as I get my health form turned in and take care of a few minor details I will be ready to start class Aug 21 !!! Only hitch is that my wife (if she gets hired) starts school Aug 2nd, which means she is moving down there July 1st to get moved into our new place and get her classroom ready and take new teacher classes for the school. I on the other hand will be working at my current job up until the last weekend before I am supposed to start Ringling. I can't afford to miss any paychecks I might be able to get between now and then. So I will be wifeless for about 6 weeks. AND my current lease runs out July 31st so i will be shacking up with a friend the last two weeks i'm here. (could be really fun...it's my old roomate and best friend. We logged thousands of hours of Mario Kart together on Nintendo during our junior year of college :) )

I haven't been around here much because I have been at conceptart.org getting to know some other students that are going to Ringling this year too. We have a pretty large group already getting to know eachother so I think we will have a really good freshman class.

I'll be around more often now that the acceptance letter hysteria is out of hte way. I still like AWN the best. You guys (& gals implied) are the best.

hett15's picture
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf