Search form

Drawings and Lip Sync

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Drawings and Lip Sync

Hi Mr(s)...

A simple question...
When the actor stand in close up or medium shot moving the mouth (talking) without get move any part of the body, only the eyes. It´s necessary to draw every sketch of mouth, eyes and the body together (complete), or simply draw a base body, eyes and mouth in different layers? Also, take this xample question when the actor is in body complete(full shot). I know that works with cut out animation, but with tradicional animation too? I´m trying to save time (drawing: inking and painting) on this shots.

Please, send me recommendations.

AnimStudioMSHM's picture

Regards, MSMedina
Anim Studio Panama/MSMH
www.animstudio.cu.cc
Classical Animation - Illustration - Graphic & Web Design

Regards, MSMedina
Anim Studio Panama/MSMH
www.animstudio.cu.cc
Classical Animation - Illustration - Graphic & Web Design

I don't think there is a single right way to do this. The wrong ways are the ones that don't give you results you want.

Using separate layers for various facial parts works and it done. In fact, Magpie Pro has a way of creating a sheet for these that works with Photoshop layers somehow.

The old school guys used a new drawing for just about every frame or every other frame. Then Hanna and Barbera did limited animation as you're discussing to reduce production costs. Now that we have tools like Flash, Toon Boom, and Moho, it makes even more sense to do so. The trick is maintaining consistent alignment on the face.

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...