Search form

CupOJo.net : New Redesign

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
CupOJo.net : New Redesign

Hello all-

I've just redone my website, but I'm still in the process of putting in all the final touches. I'm trying to make it look professional, but still have a personality and a feeling of fun. If anyone would like to give comments or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

www.cupojo.net

-Jo

Joanna Davidovich's picture
[SIZE=2]Have a Cup O' Jo! - [/SIZE]www.cupojo.net

Hi Joanna, and welcome to the forums. Some really nice work on your site. I really like your drawing skills. I thought you had a hint of Shane Glines influence in your drawings, and was confirmed when I saw your link's page. Great stuff on your demo reel too. I really like the woman doing the Marilyn thing. I also really liked the girl putting her shoes or socks on. Nicely stylized and very well done. Actually you handle women very well, they all have a great look and very nice movement. Keep up the great work Joanna.

Mahalo,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Hey Joanna,

Really nice reel. I concur with Animated Ape... loved the Marilyn thing, and the reel is just really solid.

I downloaded the Juxtaposer pencil test, but it seems there's a problem with the compression or upload or something, it doesn't go past the part where she picks up the sleeping cat.

David

I downloaded the Juxtaposer pencil test, but it seems there's a problem with the compression or upload or something, it doesn't go past the part where she picks up the sleeping cat.

Hm- I don't know why it would do that. I've just uploaded a different version, see if this one works for you: Juxtaposer Pencil Test

And thanks for the comments!

Jo

I thought you had a hint of Shane Glines influence in your drawings, and was confirmed when I saw your link's page.

Yeah, I am a big fan of Shane Glines. After I got to meet him at the 2003 Atlanta ComiCon, I started experimenting with his graphic but loose style, and it just opened up new worlds of interpreting forms. Sometimes I feel like I'm ripping him off, so I try to push as many different styles as possible, but I doubt I'll ever completely shake off his influence.

you have some really nice work

i have a question:
how'd you get the file size of your demo reel so low and manage to keep the video quality decent?

http://ben-reynolds.com
Animation and Design

how'd you get the file size of your demo reel so low and manage to keep the video quality decent?

I re-render all my movies by exporting through Quicktime Pro. I use Sorenson 3 video compressor (medium quality), and MPEG-3 audio compressor, and making sure that "Fast Start" is selected under "Prepare for Internet Streaming." Apparently there's an awesome program called Cleaner that is perfect for compressing video for the web, but I've never been able to find it on the school computers.