Search form

Freelance Design

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Freelance Design

Hi Everyone,

I'm afraid that this post is a little off the subject of animation, but I would appreciate any advide you can offer. I have been offered freelance design work...designing character ties. I have know idea how I would charge for a project like this. Please give me some ideas, as I need to get back to the client today.

Many thanks,
Amy

I would suggest you roughly figure out how long the project will take you. Then multiply that by an hourly rate you feel is fair. You can pad the deal a little bit if you think it's worth more, I tend to pad my freelance jobs because they take a lot away from my family life. Take into consideration all your operating costs, and how you're being taxed, most jobs like this tend to go under the table anyway, but just to be fair to uncle sam, include that. And if it's too high, negotiate negotiate, negotiate. But I'd recommend having a rock bottom Price, add 15% and fool around in that area, you may get more than you expect. And Always have a contract that states a payment date. I can't tell you how awful companies can be when paying freelancers.

hope this helps

Thanks a lot for your advice :) I will go away and think about it.

Thanks again,
Amy