Search form

I got my letter from Ringling

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
I got my letter from Ringling

Well...I got my letter from Ringling last night.

and I got accepted! YEEAAAA!!:D So it is now official that I will be in Sarasota in just a few months, learning art and animation at one of the best schools in the world! This is going to be an incredible adventure!

hett15's picture
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to us." ---Gandalf

Congrats, hett! Let us know how it's going from time to time.

How was that Outback steak? :D

well funny story...
Last night I had to go to a big fancy dinner party with all the most important people in the Florida Capital. My wife rushed from her internship at school to meet me at my office and we left to the party from there because it was just down the street. We didn't get home until 8:30pm and we were stuffed. I asked if she had gotten the mail today and she realized we both hadn't been there all day. So in the pouring rain I walked out to the mailbox (hoping the rain was not a sign) I opened it and there was aton of mail. I didn't even look at any of it because I didn't want anything to get wet and I ran inside. We went throught the mail one by one and it had a lot of big envelopes and magazines and junk and at the very bottom was the Ringling "big" envelope. that wasa good sign in itself. My wife tackled me because i joked like I wasn't going to open it. We both got excited when we found out I got in. So the Outback Dinner has been postponed until tomorrow night when we both can enjoy it. I did call everyone I know and tell them the news though.

pssst... just don't tell my boss :)

Ed owes you dinner

Hello.

Well, I think Ed sould invite you over for dinner...having to go out in the rain for the mail and all.

He should treat you to Outback!:D

Have a great time in Sarasota.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

Concentrate on drawing and doing animation.....everything else will take care of itself.

Larry should keep quiet

I too was overwhelmed by the fact that poor Hett15 had to overcome precipitation on his journey to the mailbox; but not so much to by him a steak dinner. Hey if he can afford Ringling he can by me a steak dinner. I just work there.

ed

Department of Computer Animation
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota Florida

Silly man...no one affords Ringling :D

In all seriousness though, I wonder what the ratio is of life-loaners to people who actually give them one real dollar up front...

Don't know what the ratio is; all I know I'm still paying off my loan.

To quote Alanis Moriseette "isn't it ironic...don't you think?"

ed

Department of Computer Animation
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota Florida

I was being rhetorical. That's pretty amusing though...

I wonder how many times you've heard a comment like "Too bad there isn't an employee discount..."

Larry maybe you could send me and Ed some gift certificates to Outback so we each can take our wives out for a steak dinners? They would really appreciate it. My wife loves steak! (or maybe that was me)

I figure I'll be paying the loans off the rest of my life, but everytime I write out that check (from my wife's checking account) and send it off I will be glad that I made the choice to do what I love.

She actually called and wants to go to Outback tonight to celebrate. I already have gift certificates to go there from my parents, so I'll be alright. happy animating everyone.

Congrats! That's gonna be one helluva experience!

Congrats, hett! Let us know how it's going from time to time.

How was that Outback steak? :D

yay!

Congradulations Hett! I wish you well there! :D

"Animation isn't about how well you draw, but how much to believe." -Glen Keane

Good for you!

Sounds like it'll be good times!

Splatman :D

Congrats Hett.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.