Search form

Animated Movies

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animated Movies

Hey there guys :)

Wondered if you guys watch animated movies frequently to get ideas on different aspects of animation, to refresh your brain i guess? If so, which movies do you revert back to ? :)

Just thought this would be an interesting topic.

I always enjoy watching Beauty and the Beast, it's one of those films I can always watch :) A close second would be the Aladdin flims...very good!

I think that all animators watch all kinds of films, not only animated ones...
I wouldn't be able to reduce my list of films to just one or two, there's just too many! anyway, it depends on the mood of the animation that I'm working on... Sometimes it isn't the style of animation that matters so much, but the emotion behind it.

"check it out, you know it makes sense!" http://miaumau.blogspot.com/

I love movies that you watch and see it as a work of art, there aren't enough movies like that. The last one I saw was american psycho, so good

ah thanks for the reply :) just thought i'd ask. I know there are people out there that have one specific film that they watch over and over, because it has everything in it for them :)

There are certainly films that I want to emulate. But no film contains everything I'd want to make in a film. How could it? None of those films are me.

I love watching animated films for inspiration!! Especially when i'm animating... For some reason I can't animate to live action films, so I just play animations. I watch tons of animations all the time, but some of my favorites are The Iron Giant, Aladdin, Spirited Away, Lilo and Stitch, etc. I really have tons of favorites, those are just a few. But I like to watch as many as i can!

because i was tending more toward independant short film production when i went to school a long time ago & since i'm starting a short film again, beleive it or not, i look at the links from this forum & links from the show & tell forum for inspiration. there is such talent here!

thanks for the replies, all :) it is always interesting how people respond to things hehe

Even if it isn't animated, you can still put a list down :)

Have a good one!

My favorite movies for inspiration are The Last Unicorn, The Secret of Nimh, Watership Down, TLK, and now..Bambi.

The Secret of Nimh
Rescuers Down Under (some really nice animation here)
Most any of the Xerox era Disney, because you really got to see the actual animator's work on the screen there.

sounds good to me :)