Search form

Strategies: Selling a TV animation series

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Strategies: Selling a TV animation series

Hi, I need some help to sell my ideas to a local TV Network and some Sponsors.

Status: Actually, I have the people to produce it and the resources to make the footages, but, my experiences are focussed to TV Adversiting productions. Also, my market is very little (think Central America). I want to sell a project like "Clone Wars or El Santo" style, transmmited for Cartoon Network.

Questions:
1. How can I prepare the costs, prices or package to the prospect taking like model the prices of production in India or others places?
2. Exists any formula to make confort costs to produce animation series in a region like Central America?

Thanks for colaborate.

AnimStudioMSHM's picture

Regards, MSMedina
Anim Studio Panama/MSMH
www.animstudio.cu.cc
Classical Animation - Illustration - Graphic & Web Design

Regards, MSMedina
Anim Studio Panama/MSMH
www.animstudio.cu.cc

I recommend that you start with this book; Producing Animation.
I'm an animator myself and let other people do the economics and planning but since I'm a freelancer with my own little company I thought I had to at least have an idea of whats going on, I read this book and I think it's great for getting a first overview.

Excellent Book

Hi Rylleman!... Very good recommendation. Thank for the tip.

Regards, MSMedina
Anim Studio Panama/MSMH
www.animstudio.cu.cc

Also try

Producing Independant 2D Character Animation by Mark Simon

Also, Steve Ressel was working on a book about creating, pitching and producing an animated series, called: Animation from Beginning to End. For some reason his publishing deal fell through and he's made his manuscript available for download in .pdf format. The full manuscript doesn't have complete art in it, however the information is there and it's free.

you can get it HERE

hope this helps.

TV Animation Series

Really I appreciate your help. I wrote to author of Producing Animation Book and I'm waiting answers from them. It helps so much more. Aditional questions will post shortly.

Regards, MSMedina
Anim Studio Panama/MSMH
www.animstudio.cu.cc