Search form

Up dated my website demo reel

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Up dated my website demo reel

Hi all, just thought I'd let everyone know I've up dated my demo reel and a rough version of my resume. The demo reel is a bit big at around 17 megs, so it'll take some time even on a fast connection. I still have to get around to up-dating the rest of my site, but I'll finally get to that one of these days. No really. :D

Check it out at http://www.animatedape.com

Mahalo,
the Ape

Animated Ape's picture

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

I haven't seen the animation, but based on your style, it's gotta be good. Nice character design work Ape! I'd like to check out your site again when it's updated with your newest designs...

fs

:cool:

I posted a newly exported version of my demo reel, that will hopefully be Mac compatible. Splatman, if you or any other Mac users could let me know if it works for ya, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Mahalo,
the Ape

Still a no-go...

I think I'm rather up-to-date...

Internet Explorer (Mac) 5.2.2 and QT player 6.5.2 (which I downloaded during the first attempt), but I still get this: (see attached)

Splatman :confused:

Attachment 
Dag-nabit!

Say, I thought I had the latest Quicktime (6.5.2), but when I click on your site to see the animation reel, it still says I don't have the needed plug-in to view this image/jpeg type information on that page...ie, it doesn't work!

Is it me? My Mac? A bad case of athletes foot!?! :eek:

Anyone else able to see Apes reel?

yaaargh!!!

Splatman :confused:

wow.... ape...

wow..

Hmmm...

...evidently pascal can view the reel.

Double yaaargh!!!

Splatman :D

Nice work indeed. I also like that's in Quicktime so I can investigate frame-by-frame and see how you did your fluid squash motions when the blue guy does his dialogue changes.

Splat, I'm gonna go with "athlete's foot" :eek: My wife can't see it on her Mac either. You would think since it's a Mac and Quicktime they'd play nice together, but I guess not. All I can say is I used the Sorenson 3 compressor, if that helps. And I compressed it with Quicktime Pro, so I would think it would work. Curse you Steve Jobbbbsss!! Oh but I love your iPods. :D

I'm glad the rest of you liked my work. I might still tweak it abit, but it'll only be the audio. I think the score drowns out some of the dialogue. Hard to tell since I know it all by heart. lol If you all have any sugestions or problems with playback or what ever, please let me know. Yes I know you can't see it Splat, and I know it's a huge file. It's hard to compress that thing that small when a single scene avi is 100 somthing megs. :p

Mahalo,
the Ape

Oh, and stop stealing all my tricks Scattered! :D

Bravo!
Never seen Foster's. Your reel makes me want to see the rest.

Yeeessss!!! Life is good!!!

Well,
after much swearing and gnashing of teeth, it dawned on me (after reading about YOUR wifes computer) that MY wife has a PC! So I run screaming upstairs to her cheap-freebee-of-a-computer-from-her-office PC and sure enough, it played straight thru!!! (FYI not much of a delay at all, Ape!)

So now, not only is life good, but your reel is as well! True the tunes were a bit loud, but that's my only crit!

I had forgotten about the little puppies (Episode 16 ;) ), and Mr. Herriman's fear of said little yaps! Not only was the story laugh-out-loud funny (The kids and I did!) but the animations were incredible!

Three Thumbs up!

Splatman :D

Any specific reason you chose that background track?

Because I'm a Star Wars geek Scattered. Also I think lounge music is fun, so I figured, hey, best of both worlds. Pluss I think the drums in the begining sound like the start of George of the Jungle. :D

Mahalo,
the Ape