Search form

The Animation Corner

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Animation Corner

This website allows members to upload their animation or artwork so that others can view, vote, and critique them.

The website is at:
www.animationcorner.com

New Site Design Update

I've just implemented a completely new design at Animation Corner. Come check out the new look. http://www.animationcorner.com

New chat feature has been added to Animation Corner. New layout as well.

Looks pretty cool. Just curious to know why you have put up the site. I mean, it takes a lot of time and money to host a site that supports users uploading up to 10 megs of files! Is there going to be a way to generate revenue for you, or is it simply for the love of animation? (Which is a great cause if it is!)

Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com

Increased upload limit.

Members can now upload up to 1 megabyte per file to the site. This is a great free resource for marketing material from your demo-reel or portfolio.

thanks for the site chopper. i appreciate the opportunity to put some work up on it.

maby thanks Chopper,

i can finally upload my animations!
and better, in an animation place for all to see.

thanks again!

Visit my site http://www.animdesk.com

This site has been updated. Members can now upload avi, swf, mov, mpeg, wmv, and jpeg files of their animations and artwork.

A links section has been added allowing users to submit their portfolio website links.

Hi BlueHickey,

I put the site together, because I have loved animation since I was a kid drawing flipbooks in 5th grade. I've taken a lot of animation classes in college and really enjoyed watching the pencil tests that other students would turn in each week for critiques from the class.

I thought about how almost every animation showcase site requires the animations to be top notch, stellar animations in order to be accepted. These are great, but I also really enjoyed the raw animation before the finished product. So I decided to put the site together for others that like to see the development process in action as well.

As for the 10 meg uploads, there are three issues I've taken into consideration for allowing that amount of bandwidth and storage.

1. The 10 megs are for demo-reels and feature films only.
2. I have an inexpensive webserver plan that allows for the bandwidth and storage.
3. The uploads are not permanent. As new animations are uploaded, eventually, I prune the older animations from the server to make room.

So the site is not really a web storage site for animations. It's more of a temporary storage site, storing them long enough for animators to have their work displayed and get feedback from other members.

As for revenue, the unobtrusive advertising that you see throughout the site pays for the cost and maintenance of the site. I take the revenue I get from that and put it back into paying for the storage and bandwidth, advertising the site, making it better, etc.

Hope this answers your questions. I have a FAQs section on the site with more info if you're interested. :)

Thanks,
-Chop

No prob. Glad you're getting some use from it. :)

That is a cool site

Hi Chopper,

I have registerd at your site. Looks great and will be very useful to guys like me.
Hope to interact here as well regularly.

Tony

Well, that's great! It's good to see someone doing all of this hard work simply because they love animation!

Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com

Support for the site has been good. We have gone ahead and purchased more bandwidth and storage.

Now members can upload up to 10 megabytes for their demo reels or completed animations.

New "Animation Movie Links" Section

Just added a new feature to the front page at Animation Corner called "Animation Movie Links".

This feature is on the front page and allows anyone to submit links to animation movies. The site is updated every day with new links to animation movies. Members can also comment on the links.

If you have an animation that you would like to post of your own, feel free to submit a link to it on the site.

http://www.animationcorner.com

Hey its a good site. New seed for animators. Keep the good work going :)

thanks chopper!

such a good idea!

I've just uploaded one feature.. and I'm also trying to link my website, hopeing to hear back from you.
I've sent an email..

Am I doing the right way?
could you check out, just to make sure that the process is correct?

thanks, and thanks again! : ) ;)

Hey its a good site. New seed for animators. Keep the good work going :)

Thanks Migrane! I'll keep posting replies in this thread whenever there are new features or changes. I appreciate the positive feedback! :)

such a good idea!

I've just uploaded one feature.. and I'm also trying to link my website, hopeing to hear back from you.
I've sent an email..

Am I doing the right way?
could you check out, just to make sure that the process is correct?

thanks, and thanks again! : ) ;)

I think I received the post link you made. I have set it up so that each link needs to be confirmed before they are posted to the site.

Did you do the HaMlet animation link or the "Bullgoose" animation? I confirmed both and they have just been posted.

The problem is that I forgot to add a "Link Submitted" confirmation screen so that the person submitting the link knows that it was received. I'm going to work on that right now.

Thanks again for the contribution and kind words! :)

Whoops, I misunderstood. Sorry Valentina, I got your email. I've posted your link to your portfolio. Thanks!

!!

..great!

I got it, thank you : )