Search form

Reading Rainbow

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Reading Rainbow

Hey y'all,

I'm really new here,thought I'd introduce myself with some sketches from today...My name's R'john,and I wanna be a character designer...I'll post some designs when I do em...

Cheers,
R'john :D

hey Jchap,thanks,I'm glad you like my stuff. I will try and post regularly. I saw your thread and like your stuff alot...

yatsulyak,I'm not really sure what to tell you,I'm not exactly an employer. I'm not even in the animation industry...yet...

R'john

thanks for the comments guys...

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with those recent sketches. I probably won't be doing anything with them. I am trying a new style though(the simple one),cuz I'm planning to make a character design portfolio...so I need a range of styles...

Travis Charest? He will always be popular in my heart...I love his work. I haven't seen new stuff from him,but he's awesome...

new stuff

R'john

Yes! The designs are very well developed and the structure is great! Your style reminds me a lot of a comic artist I know, Cheeks. He's an artist over at Ledheavy. Keep up the great work! Kudos

Cereal And Pajamas New Anthology : August 2007
http://www.comicspace.com/cerealandpajamas/

some heads...just doodles

Rainbow

hey man,thanks,to be compared to cheeks is an honour. His style is really tight and clean. It would be cool to see his style animated.

R'john

FANTASTIC!
Though I've only seen a limited amount of it, I am a full fledge fan of your work. Kudos on these sketches.

That's not the Mort and Bazooka Joe -I- grew up with...

(teasing)

Good work...very appealing, fun to look at

Their face structures are so well defined! I especially like the head shots. o yeah! and welcome!

What would scooby do?

I love your work in a way that is unnatural... err... you know what I mean.
Your work is always a pleasure to see. Keep it coming!

thanks for the comments guys...
heres more

Thanks Jchap,I totally understand...heres more...

R'john :)

Such a range of styles! I like it.
Are all these drawings just for fun? Or do you have other plans for them?
Wonderful stuff as always!

Tee-rific!

sweeeet

I don't know if anyone is a comic book fan here.. but there was a penciller that your style reminds me of... his name is Travis Charest ... a few years back he was popular, I haven't kept up with comics in a while .. he worked on some grifter/wildcats stuff for wildstorm/image

Welcome to the forum, R'john.
Your stuff looks great stuff. Can't wait to see more.
:)