Search form

Any other good animation communities?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Any other good animation communities?

Well, as some of you know, I just created a new website devoted to top-quality online animations, and I would really like to get some traffic. So, does anyone here know of some other animation communites that I could post my site on?

Here is the link, by the way:

www.geocities.com/zandia89

AnimWizard's picture
The undisputed wizard of animation.

CG-Char went to real name only when it moved to a forum from an email list. There were significant flame issues when aliases were permitted - some world-class rows happened when people had aliases. Now that it's real name only, it's much more civil. The guy you flame today may be the guy you have to work with tomorrow.

CG-Char allows you to read and post as a guest, so if you're concerned about giving out your identity, use that option.

Huh, maybe I'll try that. Interesting foru policy indeed, you have to use your real name, yet guests are allowed to post.

animationnation.com

have you visited that one yet?
animationnation.com

Huh, maybe I'll try that. Interesting foru policy indeed, you have to use your real name, yet guests are allowed to post.

Indeed. The only reason I know that is I've been a registered member for years, but I occasionally forget to log in, so my posts go up as "guest".

CG-Char went to real name only when it moved to a forum from an email list. There were significant flame issues when aliases were permitted - some world-class rows happened when people had aliases. Now that it's real name only, it's much more civil. The guy you flame today may be the guy you have to work with tomorrow.

CG-Char allows you to read and post as a guest, so if you're concerned about giving out your identity, use that option.

I just tried that, in it said I needed to log in. How long has it been since you posted as Guest, exactly?

I just tried that, in it said I needed to log in. How long has it been since you posted as Guest, exactly?

A couple of weeks ago. Odd.

Yes, but anyway, does anyone know of any other good animation communities besides the ones already listed? I think there are animation enthusiasts that would be interested about my site if they knew about it.

I also considered AnimWatch, but their forum is very, very slow, I doubt it would get much attention there. Plus Ezboard requires you to put in your real name also.

Cg Char. One of my favorite sites

http://cgchar.toonstruck.com

The fact that you have to use your real name kind of throws me off...

This kind of sucks, all the big animation forums have some sort of problem. Toon.com's forum doesn't allow Msn, Yahoo, or Gmail email accounts.....thats insane. And Animation Nation doesn't even allow registration at the moment. So, I'm really not sure where else to go.

why does it throw you off? Hell even here at AWN I am Rob T. Miller. Thats who I am. Its a small industry and Cg Char lets you know who you are talking to. I like that feature the best.

You could also post it on www.cgtalk.com they have a crazy amount of people registered. But its more of a CG forum rather then animation.

Yes, but you have to realize that I'm not an animator by any means, I'm a terribe artist. I just happen to like animation and know of several high-quality animations, and my site just reviews them. So I'm not a part of the industry or anything.

And yeah, I know of CGTalk, but you're right, its more about CG than about animation.