Search form

hi im new at all this animation stuff

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
hi im new at all this animation stuff

hi. im new and i would like some help. i want some 3d animation like anotherhell.com (im just using this as a guide line). any way i just need some help. Ohh and it would help if i could get some free (decent) software. thnx :D

really well put, omnigon!

Just wondering what is so shameless about illegal copies of software.

Just a guess, but I think it's the "illegal" part.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

you tell me. What's so shameless about car-jacking? What's so shameless about breaking into your home and raping and murdering your family?

It's Illegal. The fact that you don't recognize that is probably one of the greatest problems with our current cultural template.

And as far as software goes, people like alias do provide LEGAL downloadable versions for learning.

But the whole point is who are you to decided what is morally right or wrong? A car-jacking and raping/murdering are on completely different levels then stealing software. You've really missed the point.

I'm a tax paying citizen that's who. I'm also a professional in this industry. Stealing software is a crime. Stealing is a crime. Society has declared criminal activity as an immoral act. That's who I am. A tax paying member of a moral society. You're still a high school kid who hasn't made a dick's worth of contribution to our community yet. Once you do, you'll be just as offended as someone taking stuff from you too.

Let me put it this way. Maya took almost 300 years worth of man hours to program. Imagine you were forced to work for 300 years straight, and someone just simply took what you were working on and said; "hey, who are you to decide if I can have this or not?". This isn't something you are entitled to just because you say so. No one has an entitlement to someone elses work beyond what that person says they can have. And in the case of those programs, the only way you get that entitlement MORALLY is to pay for it.

I seriously hope you're not soliciting illegal warez or copies of software, that is just shameless. However, if you're serious about learning animation I'd suggest you go to Alias.com and download the Personal Learning Edition (PLE) of Maya 6.0. Then, go out to your local book store (dont' be frightened, there's just books in there and nice people that will help you) and buy, yes BUY a book or two on learning and using Maya. Next, search all over the internet and find "TUTORIALS" and do them, just for practice. Once you've gotten down the basics join the 10 second club (10secondclub.net) and do the monthly contest for practice. Then, if you still think you have the determination to do this, shell out some money and go to school and learn. There are tons of great schools.

hope this helps.

well what if ure like 17 and not in college yet? :confused:

i tryed the maya thingy but after it prepares to install it wouldnt go to next (the page is where u r supposed to put your registration key?) :(

I agree Omnigon.

And if you want free software rupertpiston suggestions of Anim8or and Blender are very good, especially considering that they're free. Once you've mastered those, the skills you've learned will migrate nearly seamlessly to another high end program. When you get down to the basics, it's only the interfaces that really differ.

Or, buy the software. Many software packages offer academic pricing, in Maya and XSI's case free learning editions.

Or, try to convince you're high school that they need an animation program. If you go to college, the software and computers to run it on are typically provided as part of your tuition (in addition to getting the instruction). Not a bad deal.

Bottom line is, the more software you steal, the less incentive there is for the developers to improve it and more incentive for them to charge more from legitmate users which in turn means more overhead to run a company, as a result the less employers have to pay you with. It all comes back and hurts us all in the end.

Producing solidily ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight

Just wondering what is so shameless about illegal copies of software.

you tell me. What's so shameless about car-jacking? What's so shameless about breaking into your home and raping and murdering your family?

It's Illegal. The fact that you don't recognize that is probably one of the greatest problems with our current cultural template.

And as far as software goes, people like alias do provide LEGAL downloadable versions for learning.

Omni makes a great point. Just because it looks victimless and nobody sees you doesn't make it okay.

If you want free, there's a ton of open source and legimitately free software that can be educational and prepare you for moving into the good stuff at some point when it is provided legitimately.

As far as 3D, there's www.blender3D.org (Blender), www.anim8or.com (Anim8or, which I use), and another one called Jpatch. Do some searching around, the stuff is out there, and you're not ripping of someone and keeping someone else's pay down low.

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...