Search form

Filmax Animation WARNING!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Filmax Animation WARNING!

NOTE:

If you know any artists who are freelancing for Filmax Animation (Spain) then my recent experience might interest you.

I will post this story (and WARNING!) shortly.

All in the spirit of protecting other artists from being RIPPED OFF!

More Later,
Fairplay 2005 :mad: Stay TUNED!

I have just read your warning and salute you for having the courage to step forward and tell your story.
I have had problems with employers before (never worked for Filmax though), but never something as extreme as your case. I really to hope that everything gets solved in the best way possible, and that you and your team get your well deserved pay!

"check it out, you know it makes sense!" http://miaumau.blogspot.com/

Thanks.

I have just read your warning and salute you for having the courage to step forward and tell your story.
I have had problems with employers before (never worked for Filmax though), but never something as extreme as your case. I really to hope that everything gets solved in the best way possible, and that you and your team get your well deserved pay!

Thank you for the encouraging words. :)

Wow...that was very sad.

Wow...that was very sad.

Which part?.........

Filmax? I am shocked. ANyways... Please be careful in what you say, as FIlmax is a big, powerful company and will retaliate if it is slandered. Make sure your facts are 100% accurate.

I mad a similar warning on here once too about an Indian studio. The difference was though that they were a couple snot-nosed kids who COULDN'T do anything to me. Paco Rodriguez is a big boy...

Cheers

"Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard" - Paul Simon

Animators of all lands, Unite!

Coudn't read the story -browser trouble- but I get the picture. I too agree that it's been very brave of you and we should all appreciate the warning. It takes courage to admit that one's been had so that others don't fall.

BIG GUYS & little guys.......THAT IS the issue

Thanks Wade,

Your point is well taken and THAT is what 'WE' have to get over. The problem is that cocky producers rely on us to cower and fold under the weight of their power and that's why we are easy prey. This has to change!

I have not been in touch with Paco Rodriguez but I soon plan to bring this issue to his attention directly. I hear he is definitely a 'BIG BOY' and as such......should not tolerate the way his 'underlings' are UNDERMINING his great company's reputation. I do have the facts 100% straight and that is all I offer. My intention is not to slur but to inspire more responsibility in this industry toward those whose work supports its very foundation. I am certain that Mr. Rodriguez will adress this issue once he becomes aware of it.

My full story will be posted shortly........

;)

Coudn't read the story -browser trouble- but I get the picture. I too agree that it's been very brave of you and we should all appreciate the warning. It takes courage to admit that one's been had so that others don't fall.

Thanks RRRivero :)

REPUTATION is EVERYTHING!

FREELANCE artists are ALWAYS at RISK!

DON'T BE RIPPED OFF!

........especially if you are working 'long-distance' as a subcontractor.

Filmax Animation is one of the great new studios leading Europes resurgence in quality Feature Animation, but they have a funny way of showing their gratitute to those of us who help put their grand visions on the big screen.

Here is a cautionary tale that is a MUST READ for all who are attracted by Filmax's work and hope to apply for a job there someday.

NOTE:
This thread is posted only in the spirit of helping artists to protect themselves and NOT as a slur against Filmax Animation. If my present situation with this studio is fully resolved and my artists are paid what is owed them then I will duly post an anouncement of this here.

Full story here:
http://www.geocities.com/filmaxwarning/main.html

ALL comments are welcome! ;)

NOCTURNA blue$.......

It seems there is 'indeed' much to worry about with Filmax.

I found this page today and although these posts are from last year relating to problems with NOCTURNA, it seems to paint a bigger picture in light of my present dilemma. I only wish I had read this much earlier!!!!

http://www.animationnation.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008897

NOTE: As I said I will duly announce if Filmax decides to 'Come Clean' with me and my crew and settle this issue like gentlemen (and ladies) I had informed them of my intention to make my story public a few days before posting this thread but......NO RESPONSE!

.......guess they have other more 'immediate' concerns to tend to. :mad: