Search form

I found a 3d anime character creator!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I found a 3d anime character creator!

the only problem is its for macintosh... its called hexsuper2. However, for windows ppl, sorry....i'm one of those too.... I know that you just need to draw the character then use some special tool available in it to 3d-ize it.. cool, huh. :mad: too bad i can't use it
:rolleyes: *wishes for another program with same function*

I found a version of hexasuper that I have up and running on one of my computers (under windows 98SE).
It's called Roku32.exe
I also have a converter for it: rok2lwo
I originally read it as Goku and downloaded it for the heck of it. It seems it's actually a windows version of hexasuper(version?)
The menu interface is simple but consists of blanks followed by the quick key. ie: Open would be ______(O). Shouldn't be hard to figure out the english equivalents. The symbolic interface buttons are really straight forward.
Some of the characters it came with look exactly like the original drawings(except in 3D). Although they look a lot better if you batch convert them to LWO and then to 3DS and import them into max. Then delete the camera. Then select object list. Then select the main object. Then select the faces button under modifier. Then box-select all. Then click UNIFY NORMALS (otherwise it's all wacked out). Then go into vertices. Then select all. Then (with selected set to 0.1) hit the selected button. [may need to repeat this for each object(could create a script to do it too I suppose)] That way you can import the character, fix it's normals, smoothen it out, and have a much smoother looking version of the original character.

anime bodies are pretty realistic actually, a very tall skinny body should work. The head is pretty different what with the big eyes and hair, but that part would be easier to draw in than to pose. One way of converting a pose to anime is actually printing out the pose of a normal model and tracing over it with anime style. Then scan it back in.

you can draw to make a 3d character? i thought everything required meshing..*confuzzled*

where can you find this program? I'm a mac user and I'd like to see it.

http://www.shusaku.co.jp/hexa/super2.html

when you try it out, please post comments on it :)

Blender (blender3d.org) is great but the edge function leaves a lot to be desired. I also saw some decent edge renders with Solaris, don't know what that costs etc. I kinda reccomend vectors (or hand drawn) for anything organic.

Blender (blender3d.org) is great but the edge function leaves a lot to be desired. I also saw some decent edge renders with Solaris, don't know what that costs etc. I kinda reccomend vectors (or hand drawn) for anything organic.

i would have stuck with vectors but there are certain poses i cannot draw, i tried poser for a bit, but all the models were too exprensive and there were no anime models to begin with. However, totally 3d based interface leaves me upset because i cannot make 3d models for beans though i can draw well.. :K :mad: *envies mac ppl* if some1 with a mac has tried hexasuper out,please post a review on it :)

oh., bookeater, i'm going to try the demos of the recommended progs. right now :) i can't seem to find solaris.. what site did you see it on?

My mistake I meant to say Solmax, which I heard about in a message board and don't know first hand anyway. (Solaris is an OS?)

where can you find this program? I'm a mac user and I'd like to see it.

Don't do nothing because you can't do everything.

My mistake I meant to say Solmax, which I heard about in a message board and don't know first hand anyway. (Solaris is an OS?)

solmax: construction company... strange... did i type it wrong?

anime bodies are pretty realistic actually, a very tall skinny body should work. The head is pretty different what with the big eyes and hair, but that part would be easier to draw in than to pose. One way of converting a pose to anime is actually printing out the pose of a normal model and tracing over it with anime style. Then scan it back in.