Search form

Tex Avery movie

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tex Avery movie

Does anybody here know of any producers (Hollywood or otherwise) that would like to help make a biographical movie about Tex Avery?

Haredevil_Hare's picture
Order my book Jesus Needs Help on Amazon or download on Kindle. You can also read the first 18 pages of my next book for free at this link: The Hap Hap Happy Happenstance of Fanny Punongtiti

Order my book Jesus Needs Help on Amazon or download on Kindle.

You can also read the first 18 pages of my next book for free at this link: The Hap Hap Happy Happenstance of Fanny Punongtiti

Also, don't take the above list as "written in stone". If anyone can think of a better actor for any of the parts, feel free to contribute. :cool:

You can also read the first 18 pages of my next book for free at this link: The Hap Hap Happy Happenstance of Fanny Punongtiti

How's this for a cast lineup so far:

Tex Avery: Paul Giamatti
Bob Clampett: Jim Carrey
Chuck Jones: Anthony Edwards
Fred Quimby: Stan Freberg
Michael Maltese: John Leguizamo

Now, who could play Leon Sleischinger, Walter Lantz, Bill Hanna, Joe Barbara, or Tex Avery's wife?

I got Thomas F. Wilson for Hanna and Dan Hedaya for Barbera...

Here's another possible candidate for the role of Tex: the guy who plays Bubbles on Trailer Park Boys.

I looked those two up. DAMN! Those are good casting choices. When I saw Dan's picture at IMDB I was stunned. He's a dead ringer for Joe Barbara! :)

It's one of those things where it all depends on the photos. But I looked up the clearest ones I could find of H&B, and Hanna was a bit of a stretch with the pics I found but only two people came to mind for Joe. Dan, and that guy "Al" from Quantum Leap. lol. I still think they're both stretches but that was really fun "casting" them. Thanks for the kudos =)

and that guy "Al" from Quantum Leap. lol.

You mean Dean Stockwell? The problem with him is that he's a little old now. Definitely too old to be protraying a rambunctious young animator from the '30's.

I still can't think of anyone who could be Leon Sleischinger. Maybe if Dean Stockwell put on 60 or 70 pounds. ;)

Leon = Brian Dennehy?

That IS a good match. Damn, you're good! :cool:

Another good choice for the role of Tex could be Jason Alexander. I think he might have the acting ability to pull off a role like this. :cool:

They call me ScatteredLogical, Casting King to the Messageboard Masses.

Hah! Good call. In the photos I've seen they have the same held-in emotions in their expressions.