Search form


5 posts / 0 new
Last post

I've been looking at different schools such as Vancouver Film School and Sheridan, and noticed they desire a post-secondary degree or diploma. So what is a post-secondary degree or diploma? Could this be an associate's degree or would it have to be a least a bachelor's?

I also wanted to ask anyone that attended a shorter-term school what type of education they had before being accepted. I realize the importance of a strong foundation and portfolio, but I'm trying to get an idea of how hard it is to get accepted and if I should be pursuing an associate's or a bachelor's.

Here you go...


All it means is these programs are not degree programs- though I think Sheridan does offer a degree program, also.

Post secondary means after secondary (high school)

Diploma mean not a degree program.

My thoughts....unless you plan to teach , you don't need a degree program if a diploma program will do it for you.


If you are uncertain about the terminology why don't you contact the school I'm sure they would be glad to answer any questions you have.


Department of Computer Animation
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota Florida

I contacted several schools and am still waiting for a response, I shouldn't have bother posting that. Thanks for the response.

But, I'd like to know if anyone's had any success transferring to any of the different art schools and what length of education they had. My concern is really about reducing the cost by taking some coursework through less expensive colleges. I graduated from high school almost six years ago and am trying to look at my options and if I can afford them. If anyone here attended these schools later on, not just fresh from high school, I'd be interested to hear how you chose to do it. I've been taking life drawing classes for a few years now, and have been attending college to transfer to a local one's BFA program. I know I can produce a strong portfolio, but the tuitions are scary; I know it's an investment, but I'm still researching how I'd pay for it after being out of high school for so long.

Also, I just mentioned Sheridan and VFS because those were two I know have one and two year options. I'm not set on either.


Depending on your present employment situation, you may want to check into the following government program.

Skills Development

All the best.