Search form

Outsourcing Advice Needed

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Outsourcing Advice Needed

Hello there. I need some of you veterans out there if you would be so kind as to pass on your wisdom and experience.

We just produced our first DVD (volume 1) with 5 shorts
(17 min total running time)
I did all the animation w/ flash and after effects and it'a mix of limited and full animation, but I'd like to outsource certain functions for volume 2, which we'll begin working on soon.

I have worked with an inbetweener before and I provided the key frames with inbetweening charts and a rough x-sheet for each scene.

I also had a conference call with an animation studio in india that is supposed to be sending me a demo reel. I've been impressed by their professionalism so far and they would even do a test project for free, but I'm nervous about outsourcing stuff that far away (i'm in MD/USA)

I have a contact at an animation studio in canada who I'm calling today but I'm not sure what questions to ask.

To be honest I'm not sure what question to ask here, but if any of you could offer advice that would be helpful.

We would supply the script, recorded dialogue, animatic, character designs etc. Basicly we'll layout all the creative stuff and I want to outsource the time consuming stuff (inbetweening, symbol creation, maybe final clean ups and compositing).

Does any one know of a good resource? Any ideas on basic cost?

Thanks!!!!

Excuse me for being blunt and sounding snide, but........

You want to outsource work FROM North America, yet you want advice from Animation Industry vets that post here, most being in North America???
And you are expecting useful answers??

Right.

Sure.

Let's all help send work we could be doing domestically overseas so that the all-mighty profit-margin doesn't have to be sacrificed.
There's talent ON THIS SIDE OF THE POND that can do all this work--why send it to where the dollars will not count for anything?

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

We can undertake such project ,2feb2005 onward. :)

Amit
Infoserve INDIA (ISO90001)
402 world trade centre,New Delhi-110001
91-011- 23414209,23709017