Search form

New trailer! Feedback please!

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
New trailer! Feedback please!

Hey all,
This trailer is for my movie "Ebenezer: A Story of Christmas", based on "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. It is set in modern day. The animation was done completely in Photoshop and was wondering what you all would think:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jtn1989/hiyaanimation

Scroll down on the home page and click "Ebenezer" and scroll down there. You can't miss it!
If you feel like it check out my other stuff too :D I plan to have this whole thing done February 2005 but if something comes up it may be delayed. I did the camera zoom in Final Cut Express.
Feedback is appreciated!

Spoooze!

P.S.
Has this type of animation, rotation of the limbs in Photoshop and importing it into a program, ever been done before? Or is it the first time?

~S

"Bah Humbug!"

Here's a pic of old Scrooge himself:

Attachment 

Oh, my friend (who is the Co-Character Designer and Co-Director) and I thought up a creepy scene with the Future Ghost and Scrooge. I won't give anything away. You'll have to see it when it's done :)

Yay!

Yay! I'm a senior member now :D

Umm... :confused:

Did it not load?

??

:confused: :confused:

No, I just found from the trailer that it... could have been improved a bit, it looks like effort was lacking. Take this as constructive criticism though, I don't hate you.

Ok. I'll try and improve as I go along. What do you think should be improved? Should the eyes blink more? More expression in the characters? Better backgrounds? Because I just drew up some nice ones by hand. Don't worry, I know you don't hate me :) I don't hate you for giving your critique :) I want this to turn out good so I will take any kind of criticism.

Keep it up.

ALthough Half of it was credits and the sound could use major work. There were some small glimmers of good effort in the lip sync.
Keep it up. Maybe get away from the computer for a good while and draw like crazy.

Say, are you related to another certain animation Nethery?

The trailer is loading right now, but as a website constructive criticism: wouldn't it make more sense, instead of saying "Scroll here, scroll there, and hop on one leg" to just link directly to the trailer on the line where you herald its arrival? It's not like you're limited to a single link to a file throughout your entire site. Utilize the power of the Internet for the convenience of others, and you'll be rewarded by them actually looking at your stuff instead of making like they've got a 2 second attention span. (Your site really isn't a problem, because it takes two seconds and I'm not lazy or a dumbass, I am just saying -in principle-. The shortest distance between two points online is 0.)

Keep it up.

ALthough Half of it was credits and the sound could use major work. There were some small glimmers of good effort in the lip sync.
Keep it up. Maybe get away from the computer for a good while and draw like crazy.

Say, are you related to another certain animation Nethery?

Ya sorry about the credits stuff. I shoulda said it was more of a "Sneek Peek" of the first scene.That was all the animation I have done at the mo. I shoulda cut out the credits part. I'll try and fix the sound if possible. If not it'll have to stay. I record onto tape and then onto a video camera to export it into my computer by Fire Wire. So the hum is still there but it's quieter then when I first put it in. I also should probably fix the wind.
Ya, my dad is an animator. One of the laid off ones from Disney.

The trailer is loading right now, but as a website constructive criticism: wouldn't it make more sense, instead of saying "Scroll here, scroll there, and hop on one leg" to just link directly to the trailer on the line where you herald its arrival? It's not like you're limited to a single link to a file throughout your entire site. Utilize the power of the Internet for the convenience of others, and you'll be rewarded by them actually looking at your stuff instead of making like they've got a 2 second attention span. (Your site really isn't a problem, because it takes two seconds and I'm not lazy or a dumbass, I am just saying -in principle-. The shortest distance between two points online is 0.)

Ya. I'll link to it directly next time. Sorry about that :)

Change in plan! I'm switchimg back to traditional animation. It looks better and I can draw better with it. I'm removing the trailer now.

........ I record onto tape and then onto a video camera to export it into my computer by Fire Wire. ...........

Pal, your sound degenerates from tape to camera. It is better to even use a desktop mic directly into your soundcard. Today my sound is pretty crappy but it is better than that. I know. I did it exactly your way for one of my first flashes. In the olden days I had done it in a cheap video production where I locked myself in my car and used the camera as an audio recorder. But then it was only one step to rerecord on the final video tape. SO I thought I'd now (a few years ago) to do the audio on video, to cassette (becasue the camera had RCA plugs and I needed to get it in a "standard' jack, that's why the dumb idea) to sound card. It sounded like an old radio. Thankfully every thinks that was intentional as it's supposed to be an old commercial.
But I had thought also you were using clips from and old video of an old movie ...recorded off a Tv speaker by the way it sounds.
So using your desktop mic is better...even if you have to throw pillows around your noisy HD , turn of the buzzing flourescent light, put your mic in a box with a blanket over it.......:)

RupertPiston mentioned Audacity, free audio software (including unlimited multitrack and special effects) at audacity.sourceforge.net. Small download and I can make anything from my few-years-old Labtec mic that I got at Best Buy for 10 bucks sound like studio recording.

Pal, your sound degenerates from tape to camera. It is better to even use a desktop mic directly into your soundcard. Today my sound is pretty crappy but it is better than that. I know. I did it exactly your way for one of my first flashes. In the olden days I had done it in a cheap video production where I locked myself in my car and used the camera as an audio recorder. But then it was only one step to rerecord on the final video tape. SO I thought I'd now (a few years ago) to do the audio on video, to cassette (becasue the camera had RCA plugs and I needed to get it in a "standard' jack, that's why the dumb idea) to sound card. It sounded like an old radio. Thankfully every thinks that was intentional as it's supposed to be an old commercial.
But I had thought also you were using clips from and old video of an old movie ...recorded off a Tv speaker by the way it sounds.
So using your desktop mic is better...even if you have to throw pillows around your noisy HD , turn of the buzzing flourescent light, put your mic in a box with a blanket over it.......

The only problem is that I only see my voice actors every two weeks at a science museum and it's really difficult to do the recording on my computer because they can never get over to my house because they have a lot to do. If I could do it on my comp I definantly would. I only use the hand held mic when I have multiple actors who can't come over and record. Otherwise I would definantly record it on my computer.

RupertPiston mentioned Audacity, free audio software (including unlimited multitrack and special effects) at audacity.sourceforge.net. Small download and I can make anything from my few-years-old Labtec mic that I got at Best Buy for 10 bucks sound like studio recording.

I'm downloading that now. I'll try anything to make it sound good.

In that case, download the noise reduction/removal plugin. You take a sample of background noise and then it erases all of that kind of noise from your audio. Helpful if your mic is near other electric crap or there are things going on near you you'd rather not have in the file.