Search form

Computer Inquiry

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Computer Inquiry

Im current an animation student and looking for a computer to do school work and work on my animation at home. Right now Im looking at a g5 Mac system. I was wondering it would be a good invested as a computer to do what I need?

Hi.

At uni I used Macs and had a PC at home. I still use a PC for designing and animating. I prefer PC's to Macs (mainly because there half the price). I would recommend a Althon 64 bit processor, that's what I use, with a large monitor. Also i(f you can get it), a dual monitor set up. My boyfriend uses a G5 (which is a lovely computer) but I think the 64 processor is just as good. You shouldn't have any problems moving files between Macs and Pcs, as there is software that allows Macs to read PC files. I think most animation companies uses PC's where as Mac's are standard in the design industry.

:)

Hello davesme,
I am looking to get a computer too. However I can only afford to get a G4 but I am only doing 2D stuff anyway and I really want a mac. Anyways I went to a mac store to talk to the guys there and the G5 seems to be an excellent machine for animation and graphics.

Cheers,
gavvalion. :D

Thanks for the help guys, yeah I decided to follow through with the g5, i realized its not like I'm trying to fully render Lord of the Rings on the sytem, and it should suffice to get my demo reel done (along with various home work assignments).