Search form

Anyone ever lived in Chicago?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone ever lived in Chicago?

I might have a position in Chicago and I was wondering if anyone lived or has lived there and can give me some suggestions on where to get an apartment, what neighborhoods to avoid, cool places to go and see, the animation scene, whatever.

Ender

This might be a bit trite, but I saw on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago

a community/neighborhoods section. It's a few sentences, but a start. Oh, and no animation bits.

I've only ever driven through, but the Sears tower -is- cool, the traffic is UNREAL, but it gives you time to appreciate the giant floating Wendy's hanging over the expressway in place of an actual road overpass.

Good luck with the position.

I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. It's a great town. The summers are great, the downtown area along Lake Shore Drive always has a festival going, like Taste of Chicago, Blues Fest, etc. The winters can go on forever but then again that's what they say about the summers down here in Florida.

If you want to live in the suburbs their are trains you can take into the city and once there you can take the L, bus or walk it. You might want to find out how close you company is to one of the stations. I worked downtown and drove in from the southwest burbs and it wasn't too bad but I wouldn't want to drive into the city if you are coming from the west or north burbs, those roads can be very nasty.

If you to live in the city, it depends on how much money you are making but the northside is where all the young hipsters hang out.

ed

Department of Computer Animation
Ringling College of Art and Design
Sarasota Florida

Hey, I grew up in Chicago too! but only for about 5 years.

I think the area around the University of Chicago and Washington Park is supposed to be nice.