Search form

Animation school or Design School?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animation school or Design School?

I was wondering if there are any people who went to or is going through a design school that teaches everything from basic print design to animation to web design. These schools usually don't focus on animation. I really want to do more animation than design, but could getting a media arts degree be jsut as good as getting a animation degree.

Wow this question was harder to ask than I thought. Sorry if it was really confusing.

Hi there,
I graduated from design school and yes! I learned from basic print, branding, to web, motion graphics, videos, broadcast design and even 2d to 3d animation...
BUTTT.. i did not get to learn in details of animation..

Hold on.. hold on...
I guess, in design school, when u step to 3rd year, u are free to choose wat type of works u are passion with, whether they are graphic design, digital media or animation...
and me have been developing my passion at graphics in print, web and motion...

Just like you, I always like Animation.. am movin' to state next year to study Animation and hopefully can get in to RIngling...

Ooh, I heard ART CENTER college at pasadena is best graphic design school...
U oh so get to learn computer animation (check out the digital media curriculum)...

see this guys works (collaborative of graphics, digital media and animation): www.blind.com
one of the guy teach at Art center.. most of the members are graduated from Art center
and one of them is graduated from CALARTS (traditional animation)