Search form

Why animation is best multimedia medium compare than text, graphic, audio and video?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Why animation is best multimedia medium compare than text, graphic, audio and video?

Hi, anybody can help me answer this question, or send me some url which ihave discuss this. Thanks a lot. Why animation is best multimedia medium compare than text, graphic, audio and video?

I don't think thats the case at all. I mean its a *different* medium, and every medium has its strengths and weaknesses. Texted-based mediums allow the visual creativity of the reader to generate connections, video medium has the wonderful ability to capture truth and manipulate reality. and of course Animation has the ability to create entirely new frames of reference, worlds of the artists imagination that, through movement, make the audience believe they are real.

I wouldn't call it *better*. I am an animator but I am also a fan of literature. But it IS certainly unique and awesome in its own way.

building on what ender said,

To me, though I have no experience with the medium- animation is the best for control. with film and video, you have to consider the extras, the flexibility of whatever location you're shooting on, and just the overall combersomeness (is that a word?) of reality. And you have no control over what your characters *really* look like. Not only that, but a team of people is normally a must when it comes to filim/video. I want to start animating my own shorts because I'll have a complete control of the location, characters and whatnot. And as long as I'm an ametuer, I'll also have control over the stories I tell.

So basically, animation's a control freak's ideal world. ;)

"Every boy is a snake is a lily. Every pearl is a lynx is a girl," Bjork, Medulla.

Hi, anybody can help me answer this question, or send me some url which ihave discuss this. Thanks a lot. Why animation is best multimedia medium compare than text, graphic, audio and video?

Forgive me if I'm wrong--but why does this question sound like its a homework assignment...

I certainly hope I'm wrong in my assumption.

--Ken

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)