Search form

My New Website

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
My New Website

Hi Everyone,

Please take 10 mins to visit my site and let me know what you think. This site uses a template (at the moment) so I would like feedback on the content, rather than the layout.

Many thanks,

Amy

And they all lived happily ever after.

hey amy if you would still like to work with me on your site i am free for the next few days.

so if you have an instant messanger i can wip up a couple ideas for you.

Amy's Artwork

Hi Amy,

I liked the animations you've created. Your illustrations are nice as well. The animations have a neat style to them that seems very much your own. Way to go and I hope you do well in the animation business.

fs

chickenchopshop.com

Thank you very much, Chickenchop4 :)

Hi Chason,

Just letting you know that I have emailed you my msn details. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Many thanks,
Amy

alright i added you amy :D

Think you might have spaced on the link.

Ooops, Sorry, here is the link www.freewebs.com/amygibbard

For those of you who were unable to access my site before, I would just like to say that the site is up and running again. Please take a few minutes to visit my site and let me know what you think of my artwork.

Many thanks,
Amy

amy if you would like i could help you deisgn a new site...

The site is very basic, I would get more creative with the layout/design. The character sketches looked good, but I think you need to post some more finished work. I couldn’t see your show reel, the link didn’t workL

Your landscapes are my favorite of the bunch, the colors and the richness of the images are beautiful.

Thank you for the feedback. A friend of mine said that he couldn't see my showreel either...I'll have to save it in a different format, I think.

I have a friend who says he will build me a new layout...I'd designed the new look, just have to put it on...I don't know how to do that. Chason, if my friend doesn't set this up in the next couple of weeks, would you still be able to help me?

yea ill be kinda bussy till monday to do much but after that i willl be fully free to work with you :D

Thanks Chason,

I've just got back from holiday, so I haven't had a chance to use the internet until now. What do we need to do to fix the site? I only used the template because it was quick and easy, I work so much that I never get a chance to learn how to build sites from scratch.

Amy

Amy, not to mimick everybody else, but you should adjust the site before using it as a showplace. I could see the reel, but it was too small to see the detail people are going to ask for. I saw you had a note about the full product. Are you limited in size from your webspace provider?
To improve it, I think you need to put more of an art spin on it. Instead of the flat black background, use some unique textures you come up with. It doesn't have to follow any given formulae, but put more of you into it.
I really liked the animation of "Unseen Guest". From what I saw of your demo reel, I think you should focus on the little girl a little more. she's very well drawn and defined.
Finally, looking through your other artwork I see you have a variety of styles to display. You should showcase those in an easier to get to format.

Hope all that makes sense, but feel free to ask if not. Good luck with it, I'd love to see a mod soon.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I have updated my site and am feeling much happier with it now. :D Although, please feel free to suggest other changes that you may find necessary.

Thanks again,
Amy

you even said at the beginning of this topic the site is just a template, yet still people commented on your site layout!!! seriously! The content was good, again i couldn't see the reel! backgrounds were great!